Forever and Some (Pidge)

"Pidge, I need your help!" You attacked your best friend from behind, wrapping your arms around them. You were pouting.

"What is it this time, [y/n]?" They were playing their 3DS during lunch at your guy's high school.

"My brother won't let me go to a movie with you this weekend." The two of you had been planning to go out to see that new nerdy movie, but even though Shiro knew about it, he still wouldn't let you go.

"Did you tell him it was me, or did you call me 'your friend' again?" You thought about it.

"Oh. I'm not sure?" You pulled out your phone to text your 'dad.' Your parents had died in an accident a few years prior, and since then you had been under your brother's care. Shiro was pretty much your dad, so you'd call him that to annoy him. At least, until you met Lance.

That boy didn't know your relationship, and you were a bit too old to be Shiro's actual daughter...Lance had assumed the worst.

Your phone went off. He was calling you. He was speaking as soon as you picked up. "Okay, if I know this 'Pidge,' then who are they?" You blanked. Pidge was always at your house.

"Pidge hangs out with Keith and Lance and Hunk and myself. You know, smart, glasses, usually in a green and white hoodie? You also need to hurry up and ask out their older brother." Shiro knew you were a shipper. He then realized who Pidge was.

"Did you mean Katie?" Pidge had never come out to Shiro. They never corrected him when he called them their dead name. You never realized.

"Umm...one second please." You knew he wouldn't like being put on hold, but this was serious.

"Pidge!" You whispered aggressively. "I thought everyone knew you were genderfluid?" they gave you a weird look.

"Yeah? I mean, I don't exactly hide it." They didn't. Some days they didn't try, but some days they made an effort to be more masculine, others they'd wear dresses that your mutual friend Allura made.

"Shiro doesn't know." Pudge rolled their eyes.

"Shiro didn't know when you had been kind-of dating Keith last year." It had ended mutually when you realized he had feelings for someone else (cough, cough, Lance). But Pidge had made a point - your brother could be rather unobservant at times. You nodded.

"Sorry about that Shiro, I had to clear something up. Katie isn't their name anymore, they go by Pidge." You could tell he was nodding. "I'll explain more later, is that alright?" He figured that Pidge was with you.

"Yes. And I the movie is fine if it's with...them?" You nodded as you spoke, excited that Shiro caught on so quickly.

"Yup! That's correct, and I'll go into more detail later. Bye bro, see you after school?"

"No, actually, you won't. You'll have to go to Allura and Coran's place. I called in so I won't be home until late. You know I don't like you being alone, especially at night." You understood. Shiro was really overprotective. You really should be thankful that he never found out about you and Keith.

You turned to Pidge after hanging up. "It's good. I'm allowed to go to the movie. He can be so dense sometimes, which is surprising, considering how smart he is."

"I know. Matt has been working with him for a few years now and some of the stories he tells are ridiculous." The only thing more ridiculous was the fact that neither of your brothers saw how perfect for one another they were. Once, Pidge asked you if you knew he wasn't straight.

"Yes. Remember the asshole?" He was the scum that had Shiro trapped in an abusive relationship until they both disappeared for a year. Shiro returned alone and you never mentioned the new scars or white hair or entirely different arm. Not even when you woke up to his screams. That jerk, Zarkon, had been a touchy subject, and even after a few years, you still don't know what happened.

Pidge knew about him. "How could I not? You were never *not* at my house." They hadn't said what you both were thinking - that it had been simultaneously the best and worst year of your lives, when you were worried out of you kind for you brother who could have been dead for all intents and purposes, but you and Pidge had also become inseparable.

- - - - - - -

"That movie was terrible," Pidge said as they threw away their popcorn. Today was a girly day so they were wearing sparkly tights beneath their short shorts. They were super cute, but still not too feminine.

"No, it wasn't. You were just too busy pointing out how similar the love story was to Shiro and Matt."

"Um, that's why it was terrible - our irl version isn't working out like that - it's totally bull!" You huffed.

"Real life isn't that easy..." You looked downward. You had wanted a relationship for your brother more than you wanted one for yourself, but for multiple reasons. Shiro took good care of you, even though he didn't have to, and it was more likely for him and Matt to get together than it was for Pidge to like you back.

You had been sitting on your feelings for a while now - that's also why you tried dating Keith, but even he could tell that you liked someone else, even if he didn't know whom it was exactly.

Pidge grabbed your hand and started pulling you somewhere. "C'mon! I want ice cream~!" Soon, the two of you were running down the sidewalk.

The two of you, together, only had enough money for one sundae collectively.

"This is so cliche," Pidge stated, "it hurts."

"What do you mean?" you questioned, the treat not lasting long between the two of you. "I mean, watching a movie, sharing an ice cream. It's like a date." You ducked your head. You hadn't thought about that.

"I guess so." You avoided their gaze.

"[y/n]? Did you want this to be a date?" Their eyebrow was raised, expression amused. They knew about your crush. How did they...Lance. That's how. Lance was the only person who knew because of a game and he had a really big mouth. There was no sense in hiding anymore, so you nodded.

Pidge smirked. "Alright. I'll keep that in mind then~" You were scared. Pidge was evil when they had information.

On the way back to your place, you and Pidge sand some of your favorite songs very loudly. Some were parodies, some form anime, a few from the radio. You ended up laughing away your breath and had to catch it again. By then, you were home. Shiro wasn't.

"I guess I have to choice. I'll have to stay until Shiro gets back~" Pidge walked into the empty house and only turned on lights when necessary. They went to the front room and turned on your video-game console. "[y/n], are you ready to get beat at your own game?" They popped in a fighting game.

"Whatever. I'm totally going to beat you - I've been practicing whenever Matt comes over, and he told me your secrets~!" Pidge was shocked.

"No, he wouldn't!" They were so taken aback that you won the first round. They sputered. "Well, I didn't choose my most powerful character!" You shook your head.

"Neither did I." They looked like they wanted to murder you.

"Fine. Two out of three?" You pretended to think.

"What does the winner get?" That smirk came back.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out~" you pouted, but chose a new fighter regardless of not knowing what was at stake. You lost the next game, but won the one after. You jumped up from you criss-crossed position on the floor There is no other way to sit when playing multiplayer.

"Ha! What do I win?" Pidge stood on their toes and kissed your cheek. You blushed and sat down again. "Oh."

"Hehe. I guess I win this one, don't I, [y/n]?"