Sweet (Matt Holt)

I actually describe the reader in a more feminine way in this one, as opposed to my usual non-binary.

"Get back here, Holt!" You were chasing your boyfriend down the hallway of your apartment, but he used his slight height advantage to hold you necklace above your head as you reached for it. "That's not fair!" He had spent the night, and your morning was like a fairy tale, waking up to a squinty-eyed Matt and nose kisses. He'd stay over once in awhile, but the two of you would only cuddle, falling asleep wrapped in one another under two blankets because your apartment was usually freezing.

When you got up to get dressed, you had put on a shirt and panties before Matt swiped your necklace and took off out the door to engage in a one man game of keep-away. The necklace was a silver crescent moon with the words "I love you to the moon and back," which he had gotten you about a year into your relationship.

"I think you'll have to pay for it~" Matt winked and moved to kiss you. You rolled your eyes and complied, gently pressing yourself to him. He was so sweet, you weren't looking forward to him going on a mission to one of Pluto's moons. You were excited for him, glad he was going with Shiro, your guy's best friend, and Dr. Holt, Matt's father, but also sad he wouldn't be there to hold you when you were scared of the dry thunderstorms.

"Here you are, princess. Turn around and I'll put it on you." You did so and watched how the charm settled on your chest, completely in love with the man.

"So, we have dinner with your family, right? What are we going to do until then?" Matt'e eyes lit up behind his glasses.

"I have a surprise for you. It was Katie's idea, so she'll be joining us today." You nodded and went to go make breakfast for the two of you while Matt went to finish getting dressed. He was wearing the alien boxers you got him as a joke.

You heard the shower turn on and you knew you had time to make something a bit more special. You turned on music and danced and singed while cooking. Matt made you so happy, and you really couldn't wait for him to get back, yet he didn't actually leave until tomorrow - Matt was going to leave the planet. You started squealing, wondering how your dorky self managed to land someone so amazingly cool.

The doorbell rang. You want to the door and saw Katie standing on your step. You opened the door wide enough for her to enter. You still weren't wearing pants.

"Katie, watch the eggs, stir them: and I'll go get dressed." When you, Matt, and Katie went swimming over the summer, the two of you had gotten dressed in the same room, so you weren't embarrassed, but for her sake you put on some pants and a bra.

Matt came out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel, and although you enjoyed the sight, you were sure that his little sister wouldn't. You kissed him sweetly. "Katie's in the kitchen." His smile dropped off his face, and he rushed to dress himself.

You re-joined Katie, rushing to remove the food from the stovetop. As you were serving Matt and yourself, you glanced at the younger Holt. "Have you eaten?" She nodded and you breathed a sigh of relief.

You asked Katie how school was, and she started gushing about what she was doing in her science class. She was so cute.

Matt refused to tell you where you three were off to, but Katie was practically vibrating in excitement. You tried to ask questions about the place, but Matt and Katie were very tight-lipped. You were holding your boyfriend's hand, and he also had a grip on his sister's. You felt you heart about to burst at the sight of them together. Their relationship was much better than that of you and your siblings - you didn't even know where they were.

"Close your eyes, darling~" You smiled at the nickname. Letting Matt drag you down the sidewalk, you heard the jingle of a bell, and the store you entered was filled with noise, chirps and barks. You gasped and opened your eyes. It was a pet shop? You looked inquisitively at Matt.

"Go pick out a dog, [y/n]. You're going to need a friend while I'm gone and Katie is at school." You rolled your eyes at the implication that you had no friends. You went to check out the puppies. There was a beautiful chocolate lab and he was calling to you.

"Matt, come here, Katie!" You were pointing. "I want him." You were absolutely positive that he was perfect. Katie squealed.

"Pluto." Matt chuckled and hugged you.

A while later, Pluto was sniffing your apartment. Katie was playing with him while Matt typed away at his computer. He was already dressed for dinner, and you were getting ready.

Katie called out to you when you entered the main room. "Hey, Pluto can play with our dog!" She was dreaming of play dates. You smiled.

"I can't wait, kid."