chapter 19.

Eventually, Rae and I had calmed down and finally fell asleep last night. Was I scared? A little but I wasn't going to let it get to me. We we're going back to California today and everyone else was going home. Rae and I had spent the morning together. She was supposed to be moving to California in the next few months and I couldn't wait.

My father and I said our goodbyes to the family and left. I was so happy to be going home but I was actually going to miss my annoying family. I didn't get to see my mom as much as I wanted to, but I know she's okay now.

I haven't talked to Isaac since yesterday around three or so and I was worried. I gave in and texted him earlier but he hasn't replied yet. Stiles has been texting me lately which kept me company on these long rides.

My dad was silent for the most part. Talking every once in awhile but not much. I didn't blame him though. It was too early to be chit-chatting when we could be asleep.

...

We stopped to eat along the way. We were so close to home and I was so happy. I'd be back in my bed. After all, my life revolved around sleeping and being lazy. I put my headphones in and listened to tons of music. I also texted Stiles for awhile until he decided to take a nap.

My dad was listening to something on the radio and I could see him mouthing the words to some songs which made me laugh a little.

He looked at me and laughed.

"What?!" He says.

I took my head phones out and heard what song he was listening to which made me laugh even more. He was listening to a song by One Direction. Why does my dad know a song by them? It was just a funny thought.

"Nothing, dad." I laugh.

He continues his singing and I just sit there and laugh. We had finally got into town. We were about thirty minutes from home. As we were passing the high school, a lot of cops and a few ambulances were there. My dad slowed down and tried to see if he could see anything, which of course, he couldn't.

I started worrying a little. What could be going on? Why do they need police officers and ambulances there? Questions raced through my head. I decided on trying to ignore it.

"Ash?" My dad brings me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sure everything is fine. Stop worrying about it." He says and smiles.

I took my dad's advice and realized we were finally home. I jumped out of the car quickly and smiled. My dad laughed at my reaction and got out bags out. I picked up my bag and took the key from him. I ran up the stairs and opened the door.

I took my bags upstairs and laid back on my bed. I was so happy to be home. I put my clothes away and decided to take a shower. The warm water felt nice and I wanted to stay in there forever.

After my shower, I went downstairs to make some food and watch tv. My dad was going out with a business partner so I'd be home alone. I decided to make some macaroni and cheese because I was being lazy.

My dad said goodbye and I went into the living room to watch tv and eat. I watched random shows. Nothing good ever came on these days and it annoyed me. Mostly the reason why I keep my nose in the books.

I turned the tv off and took my bowl to the kitchen. I cleaned the dishes that were used and wiped off the counter. I went and turned all the lights off and as I started going up the stairs, I heard something in my room. It sounded like someone had dropped something.