13.Cold

Lola P.O.V

I walked around the house since Robin has been gone all day now. I know I shouldn't be worried about him, since he is a cop. No, that made me worry more. Cops get killed every day, and people keep getting murder around me. I walked around worrying and I felt like I was going crazy till I heard the front door close. I ran to it and when I saw him I jumped on his like I haven't seen him in years.

"Hello Lola." He said calm and I looked up at him.

"What took so long to come back?" I asked him as he dropped his bag on the floor.

"I was at work, I'm not sure what you mean?" He responded back to me.

"I haven't heard from you since 9:00 this morning. I had no idea what the hell happened to you, you could have been dead and I wouldn't have known." I said yelling at him and he smiled.

"I'm sorry, I'm not use to anyone worrying about me. Next time I'll call the house phone to let you know, Alright?" He asked me and I took a deep breath.

"Alright." I said back relaxing myself.

He walked pass me taking off his small jacket and heading to the bedroom. I was done sleeping on the couch, tonight I was going to sleep in there. Since we went to the club, I haven't been in there and I was ready for a real bed now.

"I can smell food, what are you cooking?" He asked walking out.

"I looked around and you had a whole chicken, so I baked that with some potatoes." I said and he kept walking to me till he picked me off the ground.

He didn't say anything as he pressed his lips to mine and gave me a deep stare.

"What's wrong?" I asked putting my hands on the side of his face.

"Bad new and good news, what do you want first?" He asked.

"Bad." I replied to him.

"Bad news is that I looked around for the name Frost gave me and nothing. I have no idea who he was talking about and no name in this fit what happened. I talk to so many people and none of them could have done this. Right now the case is turning cold but I hope something will come up about it." He said.

"So what's the good news?" I asked as he held tighter.

"Good news is two different thing, number one is that I have a chance to find something. Since your mother was a drug addict I have contacted some of the known drug lords that would fall in that area. Most of them are in jail so they can tell me what's going on and I can have time taking off there jail time. Second good news is I have a four day weekend so I can be with you." He said with a smile.

"Well both of those are good, so how do you want to start your weekend?" I asked as he pulled me closer.

"How about we go out after dinner? I have a place I want to take you." He said before giving me a quick kiss and putting me down.

"That sound fine to me." I said walking over to the now stopped oven.

I ducked down to pull it open and I looked at the perfectly brown chicken and potatoes. I walked it over to the table and before I could put it down he grabbed it from me. I placed it down before he grabbed me pulling me to his lap. He didn't talk just looked at me for a long moment before I smiled.

"I don't have many friends but the few that I had told me to talk to you." He said and I smiled.

"Talk to me about what?" I asked back.

"About who I haven't known you long but I'm slowly falling in love with you." He relied and I looked at him shocked.

"You are?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I know I can't say that for sure but right now I can. I like everything about you and since I never had a family I'm happy to see you everyday. I never had someone worry about me before and it feels amazing." He said making me think about him more.

"Why don't you have a family Robin?" I asked and he looked down.

I pulled his head up to look at me giving him a look of understand and he smiled.

"I was an orphan that was never adopted. I met my family in the past but it didn't go over well, for me at least. All I wanted to know I why they didn't keep me, I have 7 brother and sister but they didn't want me. Three are young than me, and four older and I wonder why not me. If you had four kids after me why didn't you want me. I was always a good kid, never did anything wrong, and turned into a okay man." He said emotional.

"You turned into a damn great man if you ask me." I said pushing his hair back and looking at him face.

"Thanks but when I talked to them they wouldn't tell me why. All that happened when I tried to find out why they just got angry. I can't just fight anyone because I don't want to hurt any innocent person. I'm a big guy and I could have hurt them if I wanted to but I didn't want too. I guess being an orphan is harder then anyone could thing." He said giving me a weak smile.

I gave him a smile in return and pulled off some of the chicken and pulled his mouth open. He bit down on the food and smile as he at it.

"You can cook." He said making me laugh.

"Did you think I couldn't?" I asked back.

"I wasn't sure." He replied and I laughed.

"You ass." I said laughed back at him.

"I just wanted to see." He said pulling me closer to him and I stopped laughing.

"I want to see all of you." He whispered to me.

I moved closer kissing him deeply before I pulled back from him.

"You will and I want to see the good, the bad and the ugly from you as well." I said to him

"And you will." He replied pulling off some of the food and feeding me.

I started to laugh and he did as well as he told me about his day. This felt right, just hearing about hat happened to him today and when he was done he asked me. No one was ever asked me about my day and to talk about my boring day was nice. Am I falling in love with as well? I sure hope so.