2: The return

Year 2014

'With every step we take, 
Kyoto to The Bay
Strolling so casually
We're different and the same, 
Gave you another name
Switch up the batteries'

I started humming along with the song while tying my shoe laces for Cheer practice. As I was finishing up I was mauled into a hug.

"Are you ready for competition in two days cause I am so ready for Saturday to get here!" I recognized that voice I looked up and saw one of my bestfriends.

"Hey April" I said while laughing" Of course I'm excited but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous" I told her hugging her back just as hard.

"Are you nervous about conpetition or about Lacrosse tryouts this weekend, cause if you are don't be you got this" She told me earnestly. She always had a way of calming me down its like when we decided to try out for cheer competition she is the main reason I didn't give up on myself. " Now let's go out there and show them what we got". We walked hand in hand to auditions we are already on the team but these auditions are for Varsity the highschool girls every year look for five Middle school girls to cheer with them during their competitions. This year me and April are in 7th grade so if we didn't make it we still had 8th grade year to try again.

                                                                        ****2 hours later*****

"Freedom, that was brutal" a redhead girl named Donna said pushing the doors open.

"Donna you didn't even try out, your not even in competition cheer" Her bestfriend Annie who had little specks of freckles on her face and blue dye in her blond her said.

"Donna don't you cheer for......the school" April did a fake gasp.

"Ewww" We all said. It was a joke though the cheer competition people made fun of the girls who only cheer for the school be cause all they do is wave their hands and say chants while we actually do more more body movement. It's all for joke though cause we all support each other either way.

"Haha" Said donna "You guys won't be saying eww when I become a Victoria Secret Model" She said all confident. We all just said Mhmm like we usually do when she says that stuff while we walked to the parking lot.

"Sam!" I heard my name being called. I looked around and saw a blue car and my older brother (by a year). He walked up to me took my bag. "Ladies nice seeing you all again" He said looking at my friends.

"Nice seeing you too Caiden," Donna said trying to flirt with my brother. I just rolled my eyes.

"Caiden what happened I thought you were going to be in there cheering us on," Annie said acting hurt.

"See what had happened was...I didn't care enough to make it. Plus I'll be cheering you guys on all day Saturday" He said.

"Not me," said Donna. We all looked at her with confusion. "I didn't tell you, Maya was able to get me an audition with her dance company". She said, Maya my other best friend. " Sooo I won't be trying out for Lacrosse," she said looking at me and April " Or soccer," she said looking at Annie.

" Only you would wait until the last minute to tell your friends you are going to be ducking out of our plans," Annie said to her in a joking tone while rolling her eyes.

" Well it's been real you guys, but we have to go home we have family coming over soon," my brother said putting his arms around me and April. " April are we giving you a ride home?" He turned to her.

"Nah I'm catching a ride with Annie, I'll call you later Sam," She said while taking Caidens arm off her shoulders and running off to Annie's car while we all just looked at her. It's pretty sad that she thinks her crush on my brother is a secret.

      ****25 minutes later*****

We finally arived home and before we went inside my brother just stayed in the drivers seat took a deep breath then he turned to look at me.

"So Mom said not to tell that I took the car out by myself again even though I have my permit" I open my mouth to say something "And I know you don't like lying but you know Uncle Will would kill me if he found out I took his car without supervision" he said to me starting to whine at the end. You may be wondering how my brother has his permit while he is in eighth grade well he started school a year late due to him not being 'properly potty trained'. 

I looked at me him and sighed. I opened the car and left to go inside the house. "Mama I'm home!" I yelled entering the house looking for my mom. I smelt sugar cookies 'ooh my favorite' I thought to myself I followed the scent into the kitchen and saw my mom working away, the light shined just nice on her brown skin tone and her short cut curly hair was bouncing nicely as she worked. "Hey mum," I said walking up behind her and hugging her and trying to peer over her 5'6 form while I'm 5'3, but you know what they say 'short girlz are goals' I thought.

"Hey pumpkin I see your brother picked you up," She said not looking at me.

"About that why did you let him take uncle Will's car?" I asked.

"Well, uncle Will is bringing a girl over to meet the family and he is a nervous wreck so I thought trust the nervous wreck to get my daughter and groceries or trust my fifteen-year-old son to get my daughter and groceries. It was a no-brainer. Plus you know how your uncle gets when he is like this. "She said giving me a skeptical look. "He almost peed himself today and then he almost chopped off my head," she said pointing to her head. I grabbed her hand.

"You redid your henna tattoo it looks good mom," I told her grabbing a cookie and running upstairs

****3 hours later****

"Honey I'm home" I was in my room when I heard the front door open.

Not believing what I was hearing cause I haven't heard that voice in almost two years.

My door burst open.

"Uncle Bear!!" I yelled.