1: Beautiful friendship

Year 2000

'Cruisin' down the street in my '64 Jockin the freaks, clockin' the dough'  I started to hum to the song in my head looking out the window nervous about my 1st day of Kindergarten, I look to the front seat and see my uncle jamming out to the song making me laugh. 'Went to the park to get the scoop Knuckleheads out there cold shooting some hoops'.

My uncle turned to look at me in the back "Hey darling what are you laughing at" He reached back and started to tickle me.

We eventually reached the school and pulled in.

" Okay darling time for school, let's go over the Do's" he said giving me a smiley face with thumbs up "and the do nots" he said with a sad face with thumbs down.

" Do behave Do not give trouble. Do have fun and Do not get a boyfriend. Do make friends and be yourself Do not get a boyfriend. Last but not least Pumpkin if your teacher is beautiful Do talk about me being your favorite uncle. Got it Pumpkin?" He said to me with a funny face.

"You got it dude" I said channeling my inner Michelle Tanner from Full House. My uncle got out the car and came to my side and took me out by picking me up and carrying me on his hip as we went inside. As I was looking around the area.

We walked inside the big building, well big to me. It had white and blue walls there was a plant on the side and a door that led to the hallway but we were in the lobby area. My uncle put me down to check me into the school and asked the lady behind the desk what time he should pick me up. After he was done he came over to me and kissed my nose and then walked me into the hallway and then we made a left turn and there was my class. We walked over to the adult lady.

"Hi are you the teacher? " My uncle asked the pretty indian lady, like Pochahontas I wonder if she knew all the colors of the wind. I started to giggle at my own joke.

"Hi, Mr...?" Pochahontas asked my uncle

"Bear, that is what my family calls me" my uncle said.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Bear, and no the teacher for this class is running a little late I'm only filling in until she gets here, and who is this little cutie you have here" she said looking at me while bending down to my level.

I hold out my hand for her to shake. " I'm Samantha Asia Armenia Wood ma'am" I said while holding out my hand for her to shake.

"Oh my what a nice grip, you are adorable." She said to me.

"Sorry I'm late" We all turned around. A lady just came sprinting in. " I had a rough start" she said with her hands on her knees panting. " Sam thank you so much for watching my class until I came" She said not looking up yet. "Anyway...." She paused she was looking up now and straight at my uncle. "YOU!...." she screamed and I got frightened by her yelling and looked up at my uncle and saw how big his eyes got.

" I didn't know you were a teacher" he said. Looking at this mad women who reminds me of Princess Jasmine I thought to myself.

"Why would you know we didn't really have a speaking relationship..." she trailed off remebering where she was. Who is this crazy lady, I thought.

"Why don't you two discuss whatever this is" Sam said making a back and forth gesture  with her hand "another time not while there are preschoolers around" she turned to my uncle " Nice meeting you Bear, most likely won't be the last and you too cutie." She bend down to me.

"Umm right time for me to go, Samantha remember the Do's and Do nots love you punpkin" He said kissing my cheek and leaving. With all the excitement I forgot where I was and I decided to look around while my teacher took a seat at her desk trying to catch her breath. My classroom was nice there was a play kitchen and Play house in the corner there were mats in the center and fake foods on the side of the room. There were only 3 other kids in the room beside me. I decided to go to the play house and lay down on the fake bed and pretend I was awaiting my therapist like me and my brother play at the house.

"Knock knock, can I come in"
I wonder who that is. I get up and open the door and I see my hysterical teacher, whatever that means.

"Sure its a whole new world in here" I laugh at ny joke, man I am on fire today.

"Hey we got off on the wrong foot, I'm miss Bethany" she told me offering to shake my hand. I just looked at it not sure if she was going to start yelling at me like she did my uncle. She eventually took her hand away. "Right, I just wanted to apologize personally for my behavior earlier. Me and your uncle have some history together but I don't want it to ruin our relationship here, so are we okay" She said giving me a thumbs up like my uncle.

"We are okay and I will shake your hand now" I told her giving her hand a shake. She left after giving me a hug. I went back to laying down.

'Knock knock' again?

I get up to open the door. " Yes.." I stop not able to finish what I was saying when I was pushed aside by two girls who barged into my I mean the class house. I just looked at them.

" Hi I'm April and this is Maya" The girl named April said she had brown skin and long black hair it looked shiny and she was tall too. Her friend Maya was White and and had her brown  hair in 2 braids she looked adorable and they both had a matching blue hat with a flower on top and a blue dress. I wished I had a friend I could do that with.......

This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship