7: Every joy and every pain

Father, you give and take away

Every joy and every pain

Through it all you will remain

Over it all!

Father, you give and take away

Every joy and every pain

Through it all you will remain

Over it all!

I was currently flattening my curly natural hair for the dinner tonight while listening to one of my favorite Christian contemporary songs "Hills and Valleys" by Tauren Wells. When I was done, I looked myself up and down in my bathroom mirror liking how the white sleeveless turtle neck crop top and white pencil skirt look on me. As I am walking out my bathroom I hear a knock on my bedroom door. Before I could answer my door is pushed open and in walks my mom looking good in her black ribbed crop top and her dark green ASOS culotte pants that cover her tummy with her nude Jimmy Choo's and her hair styled in a high ponytail.

I sat on my bed and started to put on my black wedges, because wearing heels are a struggle.

"Who is this hot girl that replaced my daughter", my mom said proudly with her hand still on the door handle.

"Buried underneath all that oversized clothing," I said while struggling to put my shoes on, were my feet always this big. I looked up at my mom.

"Are our guests here yet? Cause I am mad hungry" she just looked at her watch.

"I told them nine so they have ten minutes left before they are officially late and I told Bear that we would try not to arrive late." She said sitting down next to me on my bed.

"Well" I said finally putting my shoes on and standing up to get my long waterfall thin pink coat to put on. "At least uncle Bear is finally back home I missed him a ton and best of all dad is not going to be working tonight or tomorrow night so we can all spend more time as a family." I said turning to her. She has been trying to make sure that tonight goes near perfect for uncle Bear and I know that as soon as eight fifty-nine hits we are leaving so if Lucas wants to stay in my mom's good graces he needs to hurry up, for my brother's sake at least.

As my mom was about to speak the doorbell rang, we walked over to my window and looked outside and saw a black sports utility van and I instantly knew who it was. We walked out of my room closing the door behind us, I followed my mom down the stairs. When we entered the living room I saw my brother and uncle Will sitting on the couch just talking, like the doorbell didn't just ring. I walked over to my brother and kicked his leg, like really. My mom just ignored them and went to open the door for our guests.

"Goodnight, come in" I heard my mom say before I looked to the door and saw Lucas mom coming in first and then soon him behind her. Lucas mom, Mrs. Wayfeather hugged my mom and then so did Lucas.

"Oh, my goodness you look gorgeous Georgia and are these your kids. They are so grown up and your daughter looks a lot like your husband Henry but more beautiful" she said with a wink "And oh my gosh your son is just so handsome, where has the time gone." She said looking at my mom.

"In all that time, we haven't seen each other you still talk a lot Raina" uncle Will said standing up to give her a big hug. Mrs. Wayfeather just ruffled uncle Will's hair they always had a brother-sister relationship. They met each other before she knew my mom. Mrs. Wayfeather had a friend back in college that would tutor Uncle Will when he was in middle school and when they met he knew he liked her, he may deny it but sometimes it still seems like he has a crush on her marriage or not.