Chapter 1-This Is It...

"You can't be afraid of people willing to hurt you, cause if you fear life, then you'll never live..."

Anka tried focusing her attention to the perfusion hanging next to her on a metal support but the only thing that popped in her head was the image of the small little boy, with a long letter attached to his coat and a small bag in his little hands.

She couldn't forget the sad look on his face, that sad look mixed with seriousness and fear as he moved through the guests towards Jared. It wasn't the shock of finding out Jared had a son that nearly made her have the children early. Actually she was rather surprised he didn't have more than one child. It was the anger that took over her at the idea that his mother would just abandon him, just like that, without any remorse.

Doctor Blue came inside the room Anka was sitting in, looking at some charts.

"So, I see some congratulations are in order, Anka!", she said happily, as she took a seat next to Anka and looked admiringly at her wedding dress.

Just then Anka realized she was still in her wedding dress. Everything happened so fast that she couldn't even remember how things actually happened. She gave the doctor a forced smile and tried to keep herself calm. The doctor smiled and she continued to speak.

"Sooo, I'm guessing someone overworked herself with the wedding preparations. I told you not to stress yourself. Fortunately the babies aren't ready to come out yet. They seem to like it in their mommy's womb.", she said cheerfully.

"I feel like a baby hippo right now.", said Anka rubbing her belly.

"Well, you're six months pregnant, and so far you are on chart with everything. The only thing that concerns me, is that you didn't quite gain enough weight.", said the doctor with a bit of concern in her voice.

"You think? I ate like a pig. I may have ate an entire year supply of pot noodles, until now...is...everything else okay? Are the babies okay?"

"Yes, nothing to worry about. Although, given the fact that you are going to get 'bigger' than this, and that you aren't quite gaining weight, I suggest you don't make too many sudden moves, and not to climb that many stairs. Also, please don't engage in activities like hiking. I may be a busy doctor, but I also follow you and Jared on Twitter.", said the doctor with a wink.

Anka blushed slightly and felt herself relax a bit. She had to look happy. No one needed to know what had recently happened in their lives.

"Can I go home now?", asked Anka trying to get up.

"Sure thing. As soon as the perfusion finishes. I'll just call Jared in. He was pacing up and down the hall so badly that I fear he made a hole in the tiles. Anka, please, you have to keep yourself away from stress. I mean it.", said the doctor gently patting her shoulder.

"I'm trying, apparently the stress doesn't want to give me a break.", tried Anka to joke.

As soon as the doctor left, Jared burst through the door. He took a seat in the same chair the doctor vacated and took Anka's hand into his. His eyes were all red and he looked like he aged in two hours more than he aged in his whole life.

"How are you baby?", he asked, slowly kissing her palm.

"I'm fine, the babies are fine...don't worry Jay..."

"What did the doctor say? She didn't say a word to me...", said Jared frowning.

"Everything is okay. I need to gain more weight...And stay away from stress, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon..."