Chapter 11-Gone

"I miss how you wanted me..."

"Here with us today, after a long absence we have a very special woman. A woman who proved us she is a superhero. Without further introductions let's welcome Anka Leto.", said Ellen as she pointed towards Anka.

She walked carefully towards her, trying to engage as much as she could with the audience without falling straight into her face. The two women hugged tightly before taking their seats.

"Well, hello there, long time no see. The last time I saw you was at the SAG Awards.", said Ellen with a smile.

Anka smiled back and crossed her legs carefully.

"It was indeed a long time...if I remember correctly I was the size of a little island back then.", she tried joking.

"Well, given how you look now, I'm pretty sure you had a pillow underneath that dress. You look so good!", said Ellen with a smile.

"No, I wasn't. I was pregnant with twins. But the recent events and having two newborns on your hands can really get to you."

"Since the accident all that we heard was radio silence from you guys. We were honestly staring to get worried that something may have gone wrong.", said Ellen.

"Fortunately nothing like that happened, thank God."

"How is Jared feeling? I saw you attended a press junket for his Andy Warhol biopic in New York."

"Jared is slowly recovering. After the accident he went through we are lucky he is still with us. It's something we are grateful for every single day."

"So, tell me more. There were a few rumours going around, saying that Jared suffered a memory loss."

"Yes, that's true. His memory was slightly affected in the accident, but the doctors are positive that he will remember things in no time. With therapy and counselling he is on the right path to recover. He is actively trying to remember and gets involved in as many activities as he can. Especially with the kids.", lied Anka.

Jared's lack of interest towards his kids was more than visible, but Anka didn't want the world to know the hell she was living in every single day.

"So, you have not two but three kids now. Jared's son from a previous relationship and now the twins. The twins are the best kept secret in Hollywood. We don't even know their names.", laughed Ellen.

"I'm so sorry we didn't release a press statement, everything was such a whirlwind. We have a boy, his name is Aiden Lucas and a girl named Joanne Violet. And I also brought a photo.", said Anka, turning around to the screen behind her.

A photo of her and the twins appeared on the screen and the audience melted.

"They are so adorable. The most beautiful children in Hollywood. If you're ever in short of godparents...you know...", giggled Ellen.

"Thanks, I will keep that in mind.", winked Anka.

"As I said you look amazing! How the hell do you manage to do it? Despite all this craziness in your life?"

"Well, in fairness we have a lot of help. And in fairness this cleaned up look happened overnight. Jared's publicist had to point me out that I had some unholy stuff going on in my hair before arriving in New York."

"You posted a photo on your Instagram account with you and Jared's eldest son at the Statue of Liberty. How do you get along?"

"Jared junior is the probably one of the best kids in the world. I couldn't have wished for anything less. He looks exactly like his dad, but he has a much calmer personality. I'm very grateful for that."