Chapter 10-Strangers

"We're just strangers with some memories..."

"How is he doing?", asked Shannon when everyone left the house.

After helping Jared get ready for bed and putting little Jared to bed, the two sat in the comfort of her living room, each one holding a baby in their arms.

"I stayed with him until he fell asleep. He asked me to...it was the closest I got to him in the last month...I feel he is trying his best to remember...", said Anka softly.

"I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly...I felt him slightly icily towards you...", said Shannon remembering his conversation with Jared on the way home.

"I'm not...it's just refreshing to see that he is trying..."

"Well, don't get your hopes up, that's all I'm telling you. The doctor said it's a slow process."

"I know Shan, but he is here, surrounded by his kids, by everyone he loves, that must count for something, right?", asked Anka.

"Yeah. It does...", said Shannon, putting the infant into his bed.

"He will start physical therapy in a couple of days. I'm sure that by the time the kids start crawling he will be fully recovered. We both know how stubborn Jay is. It's the only trait I can be sure of regarding him at this point.", said Anka.

Back in his bedroom Jared had trouble sleeping. He looked at his surroundings with fear. He wasn't supposed to be there. Nothing about this place was familiar. And then it happened. He screamed from the top of his lungs. The sound of footsteps approaching his room grew in intensity and then he saw both Shannon and Anka in the doorframe.

"What happened honey?", asked Anka as she rushed towards him.

"Get away from me!", screamed Jared, stopping Anka in her tracks.

"Go...look after the twins...I got this...", said Shannon.

"No!", yelled Anka as she rushed next to Jared.

She went onto the bed and hugged Jared tightly. At first he struggled a bit with her, but given the fact his muscles were already very weak he caved in. Anka rubbed his back gently for a couple of seconds and then she felt Jared's arms wrap around her.

"I'll go and check on the kids...", said Shannon.

He closed the door behind him and left the two alone.

"There, there...", said Anka, trying to keep her tears at bay.

"I'm sorry...", murmured Jared in her ear.

"It's okay...don't worry...I got you...", said Anka.

***

GOSSIP BOARD

LizaEcheGirl: so I saw a press release saying that Jared is back home recovering. It's good that he is on the way back to being how he was. I'm pretty sure he won't be able to attend the events he was scheduled to appear on though...

TheDoctor: His publicist released a press release saying that due to the circumstances Anka will attend the events. Poor thing, I feel sorry for her. She has three kids to look after and now Jared. This isn't the best way to start your marriage that's for sure. Thankfully the Mars family are there to help.

ShannonGurl: Yeah, Shan posted a photo of him holding one of the twins in a sling. I could only see the baby's tiny hand but it was the most perfect thing ever. I wish I knew their names!

PrincessSparkle: do you guys think they will ever release the names of the twins at some point? I mean, despite the whole Jared situation they must do that right?