Chapter 5: Birthdays

Jess walked out of her room, into the single hallway that leads to the main area of the temple. The same temple where Ivor helped her, nurtured her, and helped her grow.

The large, main room of the temple now has a new entrance. It is multiple sets of iron doors, one in front of the other. There are hidden dispensers that shoot tipped arrows, and redstone lamps that are connected to tripwires on the front steps of the temple. When someone gets close, they will be alert and ready.

The interior has changed drastically. Everything inside was cleared out, basically turning the temple into an empty building. Then all missing block were replaced with stone bricks. There are four new large rooms built into the temple: Food, Potion Ingredients, Materials, and Armory.

Jess and Ivor built their own rooms, a 10x10x10 hollow cube that was built upstairs on the left and right sides of the temple. Jess took the left one while Ivor took the right. Both cubes are connected to a single tunnel that connects to the temple, then to a ladder that reaches all the way down to the main area.

It was actually Ivor who did most of the work, considering he uses Potions of Speed practically everyday.

The main area itself was like a training room. Ivor would do his hazardous alchemy experiments on one side. Jess trains, studies, and other things on the other. Always ready to help each other out.

Jess climbed down the ladder, into the main area. When she did, she walked up to her friend Ivor who was studying the book Famine at him potion stations. Dozens of glass bottles, filled with chemicals, were scattered around.

"Hey Ivor." Jess called out.

[Ivor]

Level 120

Exp: 6700/12000

Title: The Forgotten Alchemist.

HP: 155/155

STR: 63

DEX: 80

VIT: 135

INT: 150

WIS: 105

LUK: 50

Points: 0

'He really has improved in one month, already surpassing Gabriel, possibly the whole Order since I gave him Famine.' Jess thought to herself.

"Ah!" he yelled, startled, quickly hiding something in his Inventory. "Jess, you're back!" he said with a smile.

"It's done." Jess said, as Ivor gave her a nod with a sad smile.

"... So you actually went through with it?" he asked, but he already knew the answer.

"It had to be tonight as the queen was gone with the prince, on a trip to another kingdom with majority of the royal guards that escorted them on the trip." Jess explained to her friend. Her face didn't show any remorse, or any regrets.

"You shouldn't be doing things like this Jess-"

"Ivor..." She interrupted. "I've grown up when I was falling down that cliff. All the naive views were beaten out of me when I was constantly trying to survive the fall, the woods, the snow, and the wolves." She said. "Do you know what I discovered?"

Ivor shook his head, and motioned her to continue.

"People are like water drops." She said. "They are the same if you look at them from a distance, but when you take a closer look, you see what chemicals they really are. And sometimes when these chemicals come too close... things could happen." Like her being tackled off a cliff by her best friend, Reuben.