Chapter 5: Problem Magnet

Previously on- Ladybug, You're On Live: A Miraculous AU

That is when I saw................................................................................................................

Now-

Kim. No! I hid behind Alya, desperately trying to hide myself. A look of complete confusion and amusement was spread across her face.

Luckily, Kim was talking to Max about homework and track. Sadly, she saw where my gaze was aimed at. Her eyes followed the direction and found the target.

Confused at first, but then her face washed over with understanding and mischief. "Yo! Hey you!" He pointed at himself in questioning. "Yeah you! Come here!"

At this point, I wasn't looking, too scared to see Kim's face. "What is it Alya?"

"Well I caught little miss baker over here staring at you. Got any idea why?" I peeked around Alya and my face paled. It wasn't Kim. It was Adrien.

"She was staring? At me?" He turned to me, "Marinette, is this true?"

I opened my mouth, expecting words to come out but I only got disappointments of stammers and nonsense words. "Nyah, mmph. Shwoosh. Creemping. Pluytra. SSSSSSssssssssssssssssss?"

"Uh.........." His eye was twitching and he looked really confused. "I take that as a no."

Thank goodness for Alya because she broke the silence. "Girl, you really suck at talking. Even I couldn't understand what you meant and I always understand you."

Okay, I take that back. Alya, go in that corner and think about what you just said. But instead of saying this, I just shot her a glare. I thought of a way to communicate to him and I came up with an idea.

I leaned into Alya's ear and whispered, "Tell him, 'no I was not staring at you. I was looking at someone else in fear'. Okay?" She nodded her head and pulled Adrien's collar to whisper something.

He nodded and whispered back into her ear. She looked at him weirdly at him and nodded. Quietly, Alya whispered into my ear, "He says, 'do you have anything going on anytime soon?' I was a bit confused too." Apparently I was wearing a look of shock.

"No, I'm open." I blurted out, instead of telling Alya. "Perfect! Then we can work on our projects."

"Projects? What projects?" I don't remember having a partner for a project.

"In Miss Bustier's class. Don't you remember?" He looked really nervous, as if he was about to get caught.

"Oh. I must not have heard her."

"Is tomorrow night okay?"

I nodded my head and turned to a gaping Alya. "Girl, you just talked to Adrien Agreste, with full, clear sentences." At first I thought it was pretty normal until......

"I DID WHAT!?" Everyone's attention was turned toward me, anything they were doing was put on hold as they continued to stare at me. I shrunk like a pruning grape, getting smaller by the second.

That is when I noticed that Kim was also staring. "You! You were the one who was in the boy's bathrooms!" Alya wasn't much of a help as she was laughing and videotaping the entire scene.

I searched around, waiting for someone, anyone, to help me. The idea hit me! Right then and there was someone who could maybe help. "Oof! Oh I am so Marinette. I didn't see you there and I was walking home and why is everyone staring at you?"

Little tomato head was rambling on and on about how sorry he was and how everyone was staring at me. I couldn't help but wonder if I ever sounded like that. Finally having enough of his nonsense rambling, I picked him up and set him upright, on his feet.