Chapter 7: Spilling the Truth

Chapter dedication goes to @Kayalc17 for guessing two thirds of who they are. You were really close girl, so you get the dedication.

"Chat Noir? Don't you work here?" If Alya were here, she would be proud of my questions.

"Yep." He popped the p tremendously, making the room echo.

"Well you said that you had some information for me. Care to explain?"

"Sure thing M'Lady." I blushed a bit at my newfound nickname. "My mother, she was taken by akumas, at least that is what my father told me." I felt a twinge of sympathy zap through me.

"Her last words to me were, 'Must serve Him. Must find Him.' After she said that, she disappeared. She never came back and I still don't know why He does this, for harming, or money or whatever He would want."

"Thank you. I know how hard it is to open old wounds." He looked at me and replied, "This isn't old. It happened about two years ago and I have been looking for her since. That's why I do this channel. I do sports and I run a Q and A. Most questions are from me, but still."

I was surprised because about two years ago was when I lost my friends. He pulled the backpack of his shoulder and zipped it open. He reached in and pulled out a rolled up piece of laminated paper. I titled my head in confusion but continued to watch.

Reaching back in, he searched for something and pulled out a black marker. He then rolled the piece of paper out and it was a map of France. "My mother, was taken here," he drew a big dot by Paris, "And a sighting of the akuma hangout, was here," he drew another dot that was close to the  butterfly farm, way too close for comfort.

Chat then began to draw tens of hundreds of dots around the map. He pointed at a few. "Rikki Truegood, Miami Flou, Marie Katherine, all people that were victims of the akuma. Notice the pattern?"

I looked around and didn't see anything until I thought of the butterfly farm. "A butterfly." I mumbled softly. His faux ears twitched. "Butterfly?"

"Yes. Look if you turn it this way," I swiveled the paper around, "and connect the dots, it makes a butterfly."

Chat shook his head, "I see a ladybug. If you connect the outer dots to make a circle then see the dots it the middle, it looks like a ladybug."

"You both are being ridiculous," I was surprised when Tikki spoke up, "it obviously looks like a cat. The outer dots create a circle but the little bumps are ears and the two large dots are the eyes while the small ones are fur dots."

"Fur dots? Really Tikki?" She shrugged, "You see some things, I see another."

I laughed and Chat tilted to the left. I mimicked the action. He blushed and mumbled, "Is it bad that I think when you laugh you're beautiful?" I blushed then he blushed when he realized I had heard. This blushing thing went on forever.

Tikki realized the awkwardness and cut the silence like a knife and cheese. "Well, maybe it is all three of them?" I thought a little bit. "But why a ladybug, cat, and butterfly?"

I could see she was thinking about it when suddenly her face was painted over with fear and understanding. "I might know why."

Both Chat Noir's attention and mine was turned to Tikki. "What is it?" Chat basically pounced on her but I kicked him where the sun don't shine and he stepped away. Both in acknowledgement, pain, and fear. "What do you think Tikki?"

"So when you both started, you didn't know it but we sneaked something into your outfits. If you check your pockets, you should find something." Simultaneously, we reached into our pockets and sure enough, there were small objects.