Chapter 6: Deciphering the Akumas

Hello my little geeklings! Musicgeek here! I wanted to give you a quick heads up that a little bit of mystery will be added to this chapter so I would love to here theories from you guys in the comments. Alright, now with the chapter.

"The An akuma?" Images of the truck that almost hit me flew into my mind. That was the truck! "What is an akuma Tikki?"

"There is a gang that you may have heard about. No one knows their names, but only that their dangerous. They call you and use some kind of hypnosis and tell you that you are a part of the gang."

"How do they choose who comes? It's not like they choose random people."

Tikki nodded, "You're right. They spy on everyone and if they find someone especially struggling with any negative emotion, they call them. Luckily, my dad wasn't fully into trance, so he could write the letter."

She began to tear up and I went to her side to hug her. "Tikki, I am not going to lie, this is going to suck," at that she cried harder, "but you are tough and you have great friends to help you out." I know from experience. It took me forever to recover after their disappearance.

She sniffed and wiped the tears and mascara off of her face. "Is there anyway to get them out of the trace?"

"There is, but nobody knows. That is why my daddy was following them." She looked unlike the normal her, solemn, speechless, quiet, hurt. It reminded me of when I lost them.

Shaking the thought from my head, I continued to comfort her. "Tikki, is there any place in Paris that your father would take you when you were feeling down in the dumps?"

She brightened up a bit more. "Of course! We would always go down to the butterfly farms." I nodded and asked, "Are you sure you're okay with going? Don't you think it would make you think of your dad too much?"

"Everybody always says that you shouldn't take someone to a place that reminded them of a dead or lost loved one. But the truth is, you should do exactly that because it makes them think of the loved one and makes them feel close. So yeah, I'm sure I want to go."

"Tikki, that should be on a t-shirt." She giggled in reply.

"Oh Marinette, that would be much too long to put on a t-shirt." I smiled. "Well, I'm glad you find my stupidity funny. I'm also glad you're feeling better."

We took off to the butterfly farm. I insisted that I drive, not only to allow Tikki to relax, but so I could drive the Impala. After I was done typing in the location on my phone, we were off.

My red-headed friend turned on the radio to jam out. She started to scream-sing the song.

"There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy."

She stopped and stared into the distance. I tentatively questioned her. "Tikki, what's wrong?"

"That was my dad's favorite song." It immediately processed it in my brain and switched stations. Instead, Sippy Cup by Melanie Martinez came on. The song was a bit depressing so I changed it again. Finally, a good cheering up song came on. Fishin' in the Dark by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Not a single word was said the entire way there. Tension was thick and heavy in the air, constant and non-leaving. We finally got there after a million years of awkwardness. Despite having the door locked, Tikki tried to get out of the car.

"Uh, Mari?" My attention was turned to her. "Yes?" Her hand made an imperious gesture towards the lock.

"Door?" I tilted my head in confusion because that is just the air-head I am. She sighed in exasperation and tried again in a simpler version of French for me. "Door locked. You have unlocker. I do not. I need to get out. You press unlocker. We get out."