Thirteen

"Good?" Lauren asks, pulling the spoon from her mouth and pointing at the sundae in front of me. I hurriedly nod my head yes, unable to speak due to the food in my mouth and she laughs, causing me to smile widely. "So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you like bananas?" She raises her eyebrows, still looking at the bowl in front of me.

"What gave it away?" I ask, smirking from behind my dessert.

"Well I was gonna say the vanilla ice cream with bananas and banana flavoured sauce, but then I saw your socks." She laughs lightly, now looking up to me. My eyes find her face, admiring her glistening orbs as she smiles again. "It's actually quite cute." She states, dipping her spoon into the bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream in front of her.

"I do try." I say in an attempt to be funny and the girl laughs loudly, causing the old couple on the table across from us to look in our direction.

"I heard you dated Austin?" Lauren asks, looks back down at the bowl in front of her, pushing the ice cream left over around aimlessly.

"I uh, well yeah."

"How long?" She questions, meeting my eyes again causing me to feel uncomfortable.

"Officially... two weeks." I watch as the frown on the girls face eases, and the corners of her mouth lift slightly.

"Two weeks?" She repeats, putting her spoon down.

"Well I guess so, it wasn't really anything serious." I state, forcing a smile.

"I bet." She smirks, causing the smile on my face to become genuine.

"What?"

"Nothing..." she pauses, moving her eyes between mine before looking down again. "He just seems like a bit of an ass." She bites her lip.

"He was." I begin to laugh and the girl looks up again. "He denied dating me to half the school."

"Really?" I nod my head as the Cuban tries hard not to laugh at my despair.

"Yup, Dinah won't let me forget it either." I push my hair back, also placing my spoon down on the table.

"I'm sure he regrets denying it now." She smiles, reaching over the table to rest her hand on mine. "I have something to show you."

I watch as she stands and steps away from the table. "I have class in about 20 minutes, I really-"

"That's fine, it's back at college anyway."

***

Once back in the main college building, Lauren and I find ourselves stood outside of the room with paintings on the walls.

"It's not much, really." The girl sighs, pushing the door open and entering. "I just got a little bored and-" she stops when I take her hand, stepping into the room with her and closing the door behind us. "It's over there." She points toward the wall that was once covered I words I never took the time to read. Now, lay over the top of them was a half painted sunset, blending with the rest of the art she'd spent her free time doing. I stand for a few minutes, admiring it without saying anything. I feel the girl behind me, her shy presence making me feel inclined to say something, but the beauty of the art she's created taking every word from my mouth. "You like it?" She asks, stepping forward so that her body is now beside me.

"It's beautiful, Lauren. You really have an amazing talent." I turn to meet the eyes of the woman, examining her currently grey iris' the way I did her art and she smiles, sending a jolt through my bloodstream that filled my head with things I'd never experienced.

"Thank you." She pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and steps back as the door begins to move, allowing Normani and ally in the room. "Hey." Lauren sighs, heading toward the window to lift the blinds.

"We didn't-" Normani begins but I cut her off.

"No, Lauren was just showing me the painting she did." I smile and the girl reciprocates it.

"How was your date?" Ally asks, heading to the sofa and dumping her bag down. I stay quiet, watching her as she adjusts one of the microphones to her height.

"It wasn't really a date, Ally." Lauren says, rolling her eyes.

"I didn't think so." My eyes find Normani again who is now smirking, causin kaurem ro stick her middle finger in the air.

"Are you staying?" Ally asks, drawing my attention back to her.

I pull my phone from my pocket checking the time and noticing I'm already 10 minutes late for my next lesson. "Shit."

"Welly you might as well skip now." Lauren smirks and the other two girls nod their heads. Without dwelling, I sit down on the sofa beside Ally's bag, causing each of the girls to smile.

"Lauren you ready?" Normani asks, gesturing toward the keyboard beside her. The Cuban nods, rushing over and taking a seat behind it. "Sorry Camila, we've got a show coming up and we need to be ready."

"That's fine." I state and with that Lauren begins playing on the keyboard, i watch as she gets into the music closing her eyes and smiling softly as Ally begins to sing, closely followed by Normani, sending shivers throughout my whole body. I lean back, listening to them make music while still admiring the sun set Lauren painted. When I look back to the group, Lauren's eyes are on me, sending a wave of lust throughout my body.