4. Zayn

Zayn's point of view.

    It's been about a week since Merci opened up about her grueling past. She told me what happened, and she shouldn't have been through that. No one should. She said she would love for me to meet her Aunt but I'm afraid I'll bomb it. I mean, Merci is drop dead gorgeous. She looks like the angel from above, and then there's me. Looking like I crawled out of hell. Tonight the night she practically begged me to come over. Which I hesitantly agreed too.

    I knock on her front door, I'm wearing a black button up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to my elbows. I'm wearing black skinny jeans and my converses. I have a bouquet of tiger lilies in my hand. I breathe out before in. I hear the lock click before the door opens. I saw a tall boy, with medium length brown hair. He looks at me, before calling out. "Merci I think your boyfriend is here!" He states. This must be Connor.

    I hear patter of feet before Merci is in my line of vision. She looks absolutely stunning, I feel myself staring at her. She has on a red dress that stops at her mid thigh and black flats. She also has a dark red flower crown on. I hear someone clear their throat. Which was Connor. I feel my cheeks heat up before I hand the flowers to Merci. She smiles before kissing my cheek.

   "Come in." Connor states simply. I nod before wiping my palms on my pants. I take a step inside as he closes the door. I look around, seeing some vases with flowers on the tables along the wall. There are various pictures on the wall also. I see Merci with someone who looks very similar to her. The only thing different is the brown hair, instead it's blonde. I don't say anything not wanting to bring up any bad memories so I follow Merci and her brother into the kitchen. I see her aunt standing there moving a spatula in the skillet.

   When her aunt realizes someone is in the kitchen she turns around. Her eyes fall on me before she grins. She sets her utensil down before walking over to me hugging me quite tightly. I chuckle softly before I hug her back for a split second then she pulls away. "You're very good looking." She states as Merci gasps slightly.

   "Sadie this is my boyfriend. You can't have him." She states with a soft giggle. I smile noticing how her and her aunt interact with each other. Her aunt, Sadie, pouts slightly. "Fine I guess you can have him Merci." She states before she laughs. She walks back to the stove to finish up dinner. I feel Merci's hand slip into mine. I turn my gaze to her watching her lips turn into a smile. I kiss her forehead before I smile. Since this seems as if it will turn great instead of horrible like I thought.

     During dinner, which was a beef stir fry with hash browns on the side, Connor kept glancing at me but not saying a word. Finally he decides to speak up. "So Zayn, what do you want to do after high school?" He asks taking a bite of his hash browns. I think for a moment before licking over my lips.

   "I want to go to college, get my degree in criminal law. I hope that I would still be in a relationship with Merci also." I state softly glancing at her, as her cheeks heat up. I place my hand on her thigh, her hand falling on top of mine. Connor nods before leaning back some. "What if Merci says she wants to sleep with you? What would you say?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow since I feel like this is an interrogation.

   "You don't have to answer that." Merci replied her cheeks red. I look at her before looking back at her brother. "Right now, we've only been together for two months or so. I would say we aren't ready for that step yet. If we were around five or six months then yes I would consider it as long as she gives consent." I state squeezing her thigh. Connor nods slightly as he moves his food around.

    "Alright last question. What if one of your best mates comes around and starts insulting Merci? What would you do?" Connor asks. Easy. "I would put them in a hospital. No one makes fun of my girlfriend. Especially Merci." I state shrugging. Connor nods before taking another bite. "I approve of him." He replies to Merci.

   Merci smiles before she starts eating again. After the small interrogation, dinner goes by great. Afterwards, Merci is showing me around the house. When we arrive at her room I smile gently. I sit down on her bed as she stands in front of me. I notice pictures of a lot of things on her walls. Remembering once she wanted to pursue a career in photography, like her father.

    "Tonight was amazing. Thank you." Merci states. I look up at her as my hands fall to her waist. "No reason to thank me beautiful. I'm just glad your family accepts me." I state lightly, since most families would kick someone like me out if their daughter brought someone like me home to meet them. Merci nods before she moves herself and she's on my lap now. I chuckle softly looking up at her still.

   "You're so damn gorgeous you know that right?" I state softly with a gentle smile. Merci smiles at me before nodding. "You tell me everyday Z." She whispers softly, a hint of teasing to that. I smile before I lean up pressing my lips to hers softly. Merci kisses me back almost immediately, her small hand resting against my cheek. Our lips move together in perfect sync, slow and passionate. I lick over her bottom lip, as she parts her lips for me.

    Before we could take this kiss further, Connor is standing in the entrance of her bedroom, clearing his throat. "Merci, Sadie says she thinks it's time for your boyfriend to leave." Connor states amusement in his voice. Merci clears her throat blushing like a tomato. Merci gets off my lap as she smoothes her dress. I stand up before kissing Merci's head. "Goodnight love." I state softly following Connor downstairs and outside.

    "You better not hurt my sister man. She's been through way too much heartbreak for a seventeen year old and there's no way she should ever go through anything like that ever again. You seem like a nice guy for her. You seem to respect her and her family which is someone she needs. So don't break Merci. She fell into a horrible place after our parents accident and after what happened to her twin." He states. Twin? She told me it was her older sister...

   "I wouldn't dream of hurting her. She seems to make me a better person, and that's all I need to know that she's my one and only. You might say we're too young but I really do respect her, and like her. I think Merci and I will last a long time. Thank you for having me over." I state unlocking my car. Connor nods before looking around. "She really likes you too don't worry." He states before turning around walking up the stairs towards the porch.

Chapter three everyone. Zayn met Merci's family. Now merci has yet to Zayn's family. Oh and what will happen with Chrissy and Tegan? Zayn also just found out it was her twin... Not her older sister. How will he react on that subject ? Find out on the next chapter! Thank you for reading everyone (: ~Shelby ⭐️