Chapter 9

Hey, sorry it's been a while since I've updated. I've been through some stuff the past week so I couldn't set my mind straight to write. But, here is the next part and I hope you all like it, and I am sorry that this chapter is so short, it's kind of a filler until the next chapter. Chapter 10 is the chapter I think most of you are anticipating. but for the time being, here is chapter 9...

love Georgie xx

*******************

Chapter 9:

                The whisper of Aurora’s words echoed throughout Harry’s mind as the pain he felt in his chest was released from its constraints through a pain filled cry of shock, disbelief, and anger. Harry’s forehead remained pressed against Aurora’s as his hands slide down the length of her arms and caught hold of her delicate and shaky hands. Aurora continued to sob quietly as the revelation of what she had just said – well confirmed – settled into Harry’s system.

                Images of Aurora’s body broken, bruised and violated flashed through his mind as he wrapped his arms around her small frame and pulled her towards him, engulfing her in a protective and reassuring hug. He was disgusted by the fact that a man would do that to a woman, but he felt physically sick that that had happened to Aurora. And the fact that that Tommy fucker was back to terrorise her made his blood boil with rage, knowing that if Tommy was given the opportunity, he would do something else to Aurora, like he had done the previous night. A small choke drew Harry away from his torturous thoughts and back to the broken girl in his arms.

“I won’t let him hurt you again Rose. I promise.” Harry said, pulling her away slightly to look at her. Even with red eyes and a tear stained face, she was still beautiful in Harry’s eyes. “And I never break my promises.” He whispered, kissing Aurora on the head lightly.

A small smile spread across Aurora’s lip at the small yet extremely comforting gesture. Harry seemed to be man of his word and the thought of his promise that he had just made, soothed her slightly, as she had this feeling deep down that she would be safe as long as Harry was there. But she couldn’t stop the images that continued to flow through her mind and couldn’t erase the fact that Tommy had come so close to hurting her again the previous night and knew that that would not be the closest that he’d get to her. She knew Tommy and knew that he was a man of determination – and that worried her.

“I’m sorry for asking about what happened, but I’m glad you told me.” Harry whispered to Aurora after she was quiet for a few moments. “It gives me a good excuse to beat the shit out of him if I see him.” Harry added making a small laugh escape Aurora’s lips as she pulled away. “Are you alright?”

Aurora nodded in response. “It feels good to tell someone. Well, other than Charlie and Lucy. And it feels nice to be with another guy again.”

Confusion washed over Harry’s features, “What do you mean?”

“I haven’t really been around another man since then. I’ve been too scared too. But with you, it’s different.”

“Different in what way?”

“Just…different.” Aurora let out a nervous laugh, trying to figure out a way in which to explain what she meant. “With you, everything goes away. The trauma of my past, my loneliness, the pain I feel over my father’s death and the pain I feel over missing Charlie just goes away. I know it sounds weird, but, you make me feel better. You make me feel…happy.” Harry looked down at Aurora with pure astonishment. In a way, this was exactly the same effect that she had on him, and Harry would never have guessed that it was the same for her too. The shocked expression on his face must have worried Aurora as she added “That sounds really weird, I don’t know why I said it.” she began to walk away, before Harry took hold her hand and pulled her back to him.