Chapter 12

Hey everyone. i know its been a while but i have been really busy these past few weeks with exams so i havent been able to write or update. But my exams have finished now so I have some more time to write and update so thats good. Thanks for keeping an interest even though I have been shit at updating, but thanks for reading and all that jazz and I hope that you enjoy this next part.

Georgie xxx

******************************

Chapter 12:

                “Lucy, I seriously don’t see why I am here, at 11 o’clock in the morning, looking at these dresses. You’re party isn’t for another 2 weeks, why are you getting so stressed about it?” Aurora asked as a frantic Lucy searched the shop floor for a dress suitable for her Christmas party. At the sound of Aurora’s question, she snapped her head towards her and glared at her, slightly panicked.

                “Did you seriously just ask me that?” Lucy asked in disbelief, to which Aurora nodded, an amused smirk on her face. “Aurora this isn’t funny. I’m the hostess; I have to look amazing so that people will remember my awesome party and my awesome self. I have to look the part and not just look like I’ve rocked up for a homecoming dance or something.” Lucy whined causing Aurora to giggle.

                “Lucy, you could be wearing a bin bag and you’d still look amazing.” Aurora commented.

                “That’s beside the point. And you should be looking too if you want to look amazing in front of a certain someone.” Lucy winked at Aurora, who rolled her eyes and walked towards some mannequins that were showing some dresses.

                “How did your date go anyway?” Lucy asked, still focusing on the dresses in front of her.

                “It was nice.” Aurora lied, diverting her attention away from Lucy. It had been a week since her and Harry’s ‘date’ and the events of that night had been kept from the conversations that she and Harry had shared since – which weren’t many. Aurora didn’t want to disclose any of the details of what happened to Lucy, as it was kind of a private moment between the two of them. She still couldn’t believe some of the things that Harry had told her and she still couldn’t get past how broken he really was. Even when she had touched his chest and felt his pulse quicken from the contact, she could only imagine what he had been through in his past. But Harry had seemed to be getting better. He didn’t seem as stern and closed off when he was with Aurora, and she could see a slight difference in him since their first encounter on the night that he had moved in. They weren’t big differences, but just the way he seemed to smile more, and relax when they were alone made her feel a sense of satisfaction that she was helping him. And, unknown to Harry, he was helping Aurora also. She didn’t feel uncomfortable around him as she did with other men and felt this sense of protection from him. And she knew that the promise he made to protect her was one that he would most definitely keep.

                “It was nice? That’s it? That’s all you’re going to say?” Lucy asked, giving Aurora a quizzical look. Aurora nodded curtly.

                “Well what else is there to say? We ate, we talked, we kissed, and he left. That’s it.” Lucy nodded her head, diverting her attention back to the task at hand, having a feeling that Aurora didn’t want to talk about her date with Harry.