Chapter nine: Deep water

Just wanted to quickly apologise for any mistakes and to warn you that *spoiler* Lauren gets a little pissy in this chapter so there's a fair amount of swearing. Sorry. Also check out Broken_dream07 's book 'dorm room 210' good read really interesting and if you like a bit of drama and Witt then you'll love it!!!

__________________________________

Riley's POV:

When I open my eyes its bright. Almost Like the middle of the day bright. Probably is actually, I never sleep well in the night because of my night terrors. I thought they might go when i became a ghost, but they still haunt me. They only come when it's dark because that's when Hell became real. When it got dark and mum left and ... No. Not going to go there it's not worth it.

So I usually sleep through most of the mornings because of it. I roll over to see if Lauren has woken yet. Last night when I woke after my nightmare I turned to see her and she looks so perfect when she sleeps. Just a much of an angel as she does when she's awake. I just stared at her and it soothed me. I know its kind of creepy but i didn't do it in a provocative way or anything. But it helped I only had one night terror last night. That in itself is a ...... But you can probably put that down to exhaustion as well. Usually I have at least 4 terrors.

Lauren is gone.

Instantly my heat dropps like lead in my chest, filled with dread. What if it was those ghost hunters? Or maybe she got taken? or or maybe she's lost? What if she's scared?

No I need to calm down she probably just went for a walk or something. Or maybe she left to deal with her business and, as much as I don't like it, that's for her to do and it's none of my business what she chooses to do.

I roll back over and close my eyes trying to relax.

It doesn't last more than 5 minutes. All I can think about is those ghost hunters.

I decide to mind link her, just for some piece of mind. ( no pun intended )

I can get through. I try several more times and when I finally get through I See a fluster of thoughts then grey. Just grey. The thoughts were too fast to see them all but the last one was a blurry topless figure coming towards her.... Oh no. That can't be possible.

Well there is no way in high heaven that I can stay now. I know roughly where she is. I got the gist of it before she blacked out.

__________________________________

Lauren's POV:

"What The FLYING FUCK was that!?!?" I scream right in Scott's face. He is in it deep now.

He raise his hands defensively which only irritates me more. "Are you trying to fucking kill me!?!?" I continue to rant.

"I'm already fucking dead!"

"Calm it happiness, you only blacked out its not like its going to give you head trauma, you are already dead" he respond sounding cool and relaxed. Again this just makes me more pissy. I'm about to go off on one again but he stops me, saying "look I was just trying to prove something but you panicked and it didn't exactly work... I'm sorry."

"WE'LL NO SHIT SHERLOC" I roll my eyes so much I'm surprised they didn't get stuck in the back of my head.

"You need to trust me, for it to work."

"So this is my fault now then? Not yours for actually pushing me in!?"

"Look I never said that, just that this will work if you trust me. Unless your not ready."

There are so many things wrong with that sentence that I find it physically painful to contain another outburst and control the natural urge to smash his beautiful face in.