Damn it, Trenton.

She sat on the sofa downstairs where the 'party' was then in full swing. Party used loosely to describe the gathering of people with some chill music. She was sat on the sofa with Sonya, but Trenton was in the middle, looking just as bored as Sonya - he soon left so Coley scooched over to her and soon she sat with her head resting on the sofa directly next to Sonya.

"What are you thinking, Cole?" Sonya purred, so casual, slightly smiling with an innocent expression.

"Uh nothing much really," Coley droned back.

"Wow C, you really do have a way with words, huh?" Sonya scrunched up her nose and half smiled, "you're always thinking about nothing, don't lie."

Trenton then pulled Sonya off the sofa and started trying to kiss her, Sonya glanced at Coley with a 'help me' expression, that only made Coley look away. She realised she was very protective of Sonya and when she saw her with someone else, it made her heart ache. Still, he was her boyfriend so she had to handle it, but it was clear that Sonya didn't want any of it right now. Trenton had clearly drunk too much and was being rough with her, had he held her any longer she might separate them herself.

Sonya shook free of his grip and sat back down on the sofa and returned to looking at her friend. Coley was about to place her head down and continue her conversation when she remembered that that would mean she would have to talk to Sonya and she wasn't quite up to that at the moment, so she took a sip of her drink instead.

She must have dozed off as when she woke, Sonya was no longer beside her. She got up and started walking through the house on the hunt for her friend, she saw Trenton passed out in a chair and crept past him as she saw Sonya sitting with her legs dangling in the water, head hung over the pool, staring at her reflection.

Watching her friend, it made her wish she was confident and outgoing, even if it was just for a short while. She was in two minds as to whether she should go and sit with her - she'd gone outside for some down time, right? She longed to be close to her friend without Trenton around watching over them all the time so she slid the door closed quietly and padded over to where Sonya was sitting.