#kissgate

*Ayyy get ready for some cringe and shitty writing*

Coley sat down, dangling her legs in the cool water of the pool, Sonya gently rested her head on her shoulder. They sat there for a while when Sonya repositioned her head on her shoulder, now looking up at Coley. Coley couldn't bring herself to look at her friend for fear that her hammering heart may show in her expression. She glanced down at their hands, so close they were almost touching, Sonya caught her eye when she tried to look back at the pool, she shifted her head so she could see Coley more clearly and Coley sat there overcome by a sudden panic, she tried not to show it on her face.

Coley's heart was beating so hard, she was sure that Sonya would be able to hear it, she heard Sonya's low sigh as she forced herself to make eye contact with her friend. She felt them both moving together, Sonya was so tantalisingly close now when she felt a sudden pull and her head hit the ground and it all went black.

Moments later she opened her hazy eyes and felt a pain in her forehead heard Trenton shouting:

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OF ALL PEOPLE HER?" Trenton was enraged, using wild hand movements so accentuate his violent words, "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH ALREADY" his face getting closer to hers as he yelled at her. She glanced down at Coley with a tear running down her face, trying to hide behind her hair.

"LOOK AT ME, NOT HER!" He screamed, Coley was slowly coming back, the fog clearing quickly as she heard him shouting abuse at her, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME?" That was it, Coley couldn't listen to him scream at her helpless friend any more, she stood and threw a punch to the side of his head.

She felt contact with his temple, pain shot up her arm but it felt good. She threw punch after punch as anger raged through her, she felt Sonya pulling her away but continued punching, taking out her anger on Trenton. How dare he yell at Sonya. How fucking dare he.

Sonya managed to pull her away, leaving a mashed up Trenton on the ground. They stood close together then, both crying. Coley felt Sonya running her fingers over her face and her hair, her hand brushed over her busted lip so gently it made her want to cry harder. Coley held onto her arm, she didn't want to see Sonya crying like this, it hurt too much. Coley saw Sonya staring into her eyes the same way if not more fiercely that when she was applying the lipstick and she did the only thing that seemed natural and leant in to kiss Sonya on the lips. Their mouths collided together and Sonya kissed back before pulling away, looking quickly at Coley as if for approval then kissing her again, more deeply this time. Coley felt all her anger and pain fade away for a few short seconds as their tongues clumsily explored each other's mouths, Sonya had her hands in her friends hair and she sobbed between gasps as they stood with their noses touching then finally pulled Coley into a tight hug, their bodies close together as they wept into each other's shoulders.

Sonya told Coley to go home while she cleaned up the mess that was Trenton and Coley didn't argue. She smiled all the way home, not caring if it hurt her lip, not caring about the consequences because right now, she was in love.

*I've never written a fan fic before! It's probably shit but basically I watched the mv and died because I may or may not have been in this situation before and it's legit pure hell :3 Comment if you liked it I guess :) btw I'm British so if it doesn't sound American enough for you, you know why lmao*