Friendship is made to last, right?

Coley finished showering and sat in the bathroom waiting for Sonya. She had trouble controlling her thoughts and let her mind wander, only stopping herself when she heard Sonya padding into the bathroom with a bottle of nail polish. She sat down silently and handed Coley the bottle then held out her hand expectantly, looking down. That was alright though because it was easier without eye contact.

She started painting her friend's nails, studying her hands as she went; her long slender fingers, perfectly formed and her tan skin so soft to the touch. She could feel eyes on her and glanced up only to see Sonya look down. Had she been watching her? Was that a smile on her face, was she blushing? What was going on? She longed to reach out and hold her face in her hand and tell her that she loved her right there and then, only stopped because of fears she may not feel the same way and didn't want to destroy their friendship.

'I mean I guess our friendship should be fine right? If she was a true friend she would laugh it off and say don't be silly and it would all be fine and I could move on.' She was thinking 'but then what if she gets weirded out? Better to say nothing and grin and bear it.'

"All done," Coley quietly smiled at Sonya, not wanting to spoil the mood.

"Alright I'll dry my hair then you'll let me do your makeup, yeah?" Sonya said positively, not a question but a statement, with an unreadable expression on her face. What was she thinking?

Coley nodded in response when she realised that she has left her friend hanging. Sonya got up and left the bathroom, Coley followed shortly after, sitting herself down on Sonya's bed. She look around her friend's room; so many happy memories had been made here one particular one sprung to mind when they first watched frozen and Sonya had coaxed them into dancing together. Sonya was much more graceful in her ballerina like twirls while Coley was trying hard not to fall over from laughing.

While waiting for Sonya to finish with her hair, Coley scrolled down her Twitter, she often tweeted her thoughts somewhat surreptitiously, tweeting single words or sentences that out of context wouldn't mean a thing but in her mind meant a whole lot more. She knew that Sonya followed her but she'd never questioned anything. She wanted her to see them but at the same time didn't want her to question her about it. She herself might not even know what they meant a year later when they appeared in her TimeHop, this made her smile at the absurdity of it all.