The Alpha Reject

My name is Mikky Hale, I’m 16 years old and I’m a werewolf and yes our kind exists. My parents died when I was three in a rogue attack trying to defend the pack leaving me with the alpha to take care of me but ever since then I’ve been treated as the pack slave and human punching bag. They’ve abused me in every possible way except sexually cause they say I’m too lean and won’t satisfy them, and I’m really happy about that.  

My pack is the silver howling pack we own a huge territory Logan the alpha of the pack just turned 18 and was given the position and the beta Tyler bully me along with other pack members. We share a territory with the blood claws pack, their alpha Alex and beta Hunter and the rest of their pack don’t really bother me. The only reason why I’m still here is because I hope that my mate will be able to save me, let me explain what a mate is.

He is your other half when you look into each other’s eye its like you are the only ones in the room and when you kiss or better yet make love its amazing. At least that’s what I’ve heard.

CHAPTER 1

The cold floor beneath me as the kicks to my stomach continued and curses under his breath, I think he should stop already cause I can’t feel anything anymore and the reason he’s doing this is because I was late to make lunch for the pack after school.

It wasn’t my fault I was held up by a teacher and because of that I’m in this position, he finally stopped and shouted “get the fuck away from my sight you whore”.

I slowly stood up from the floor, he pushed me trying to make me go faster thanks to my werewolf abilities the injuries were already healing.

I went to the kitchen made the food still feeling the pain from the beating. I could hear them complaining about not getting their food, lazy bastards thank God my mind walls were up if not that would have caused another round of what just happened.

Finally I started serving the food while they shouted things like “finally you freak” “the freak finally got our food”. They call me a freak cause they think I can’t shift but the truth is I shifted at the age of five, how can such a child shift at that age, well the pain was unbearable but no one saw.

My wolf looked beautiful it was a white wolf with a black crescent on its belly. When I was done admiring my wolf i tried to shift back but I couldn’t and that was when I started to panic I mean I was only five years old that was when I heard my wolf for the first time she told me her name was Gracie and how to shift back.

She also told me not to show any other person my wolf, I shifted back and I saw the same crescent on my upper arm it was like a tattoo she also told me to hide it. When I came home that night I was starved for three days they only gave me food to make sure I don’t die, and at sixteen when you are expected to shift I didn’t that was when I was called a freak.

I stood at a corner in the room waiting for them to finish their food, they finally did they left the room but not before calling me all sorts of things fatso, freak, whore the last one’s just wrong cause I’m a virgin. I cleared the table made myself a sandwich and went up to my room in the attic.

Later in the evening I came down early enough to make them dinner I did the same during lunch, standing in the corner and waiting for them to finish their food before going up to my room again. The blanket isn’t really warm I hardly have hot water in my bathroom and in my closet I have only three pair of washed out jeans and five shirts. I took a cold shower as usual pulled the blankets over my body and went to bed.

BEEP

BEEP

The alarm woke me up, I have get up to make breakfast early I took a shower went downstairs and made breakfast, a few minutes later pack members started coming down for breakfast.

I waited till they were done cleared the table and left the house. They all already left for school leaving me to walk, its not as if they’ll take me to school anyway.

I got to school and noticed something, today was the birthday of alpha Alex the alpha of the other pack he was eighteen today the day he would find his mate. At eighteen you find your mate and the alpha position is handed over, but Alex was fourteen when he became alpha cause his parents died he became a really strong alpha overtime any girl would be very lucky to be his mate. Besides being strong he is also very good looking with his dark brown hair his grey eyes and his perfect abs and eight pack. 

I stare at him from a far distance sometimes during football practice. God I'm such a creep.

The bell pulled me out of my thoughts I have a free period now I got my books for the second period being slow on purpose, the hallways were empty luckily for me no one shoved me into lockers or bullied me I guess they were all distracted by the alpha’s birthday.

I was done getting my books from my lockers and slammed it shut when I smelt something amazing, my wolf was yelling at me to follow the scent which I did. It was a mixture of pine trees and coconut my eyes were closed still following the scent, when I hit a wall but I felt sparks and tingles coming from a wall, that can’t be right. I fell on my butt my books all over the floor.

MATE MATE MATE

My wolf was screaming she didn’t care I was in pain. I started picking my books,  “no way” I heard a male voice say his voice were like music to my ears. I stood up to meet a pair of grey eyes they were so beautiful I could stare at them all day.

“MATE” we both said at the same time. I tore my eyes away from his, looking over his face he had a crooked nose which went well with his face and his full pink lips they looked so soft, I wonder how they will feel against mine. Then it hit me my mate was alpha Alex Moore, “shit”.

Alex’s POV

“shit” she muttered under her breath, my mate she looked so beautiful with her long brown hair stopping at her waist her pretty hazel eyes and her pink lips I just want to kiss them, but I can’t.

I  grabbed her by her upper arm to an empty classroom, I closed the door behind me as I pushed her into the class and she winced, did I hurt her? Did I hurt my mate?

I shouldn’t care now cause I already plan on rejecting her not because I don’t want her, MAN I just met her and I’m not sure if I can go on with my plan anymore. She bowed her head “alpha” she said with a scared voice, she’s my mate she shouldn’t have to bow her head and call me alpha and I don’t want her to be scared of me.

“what’s your name” I asked with a calm voice so as not to scare her “Mikky Hale” her voice sounded like music to my ears, nice name.

“How old are you” I asked “I’m seventeen” she replied. I’m so sorry I have to do this I really don’t want to but I have to. I stroked her cheeks immediately sending tingles down my arm and I took my hand back.

“I alpha Alex Moore reject you Mikky hale as my mate” with that said I walked out of the class. It felt as if someone had cut my heart into a million pieces. I thought this was only going to hurt her but it also hurt me.

Mikky’s POV

Those eleven words I never expected to hear from my mate made my heart feel like it’s been cut into pieces, I stared at his back as he left the class the tears running freely out of my eyes, my knees buckled as I fell to the ground.

Gracie was howling in pain it felt as if my heart had been pounded to pulp. No I can’t take it anymore.