chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

I ran out of the school while stripping out of my clothes as I ran towards the forest. Once I was far away where no one could see me I shifted into my wolf.

I ran through the forest jumping over fallen trees and dodging trees. I arrived at a familiar place, a lake deep in the forest. No one knows about this place except me. I come here to think and relax, and right know I really needed to do so.

Should I run away? I thought to myself but my thoughts were cut short by Gracie. 'No, no don't go I want to be close to my mate'. She argued.

How could she say that when he just rejected her. 'I know but something tells me he had a reason and a very good one' she said. Yeah right, like there's an excuse for rejecting your mate.

I don't blame him though. I mean look at me. I'm too skinny and I have lots of bruises, no one would want me. I was pathetic and my mate saw and knew this.

I stayed there for the rest of the day talking to my wolf. I honestly wondered how I would have gotten through all this without her being there. It feels really good to know that there is someone always there for you.

I checked the time and saw that school should be closing by now.

I grabbed a tank top and basketball shorts that were behind a tree and ran back to the pack house. It was not a home to me. I happen to be able to move faster than most werewolves even alphas. In no time, I was already at the pack house.

I was in the middle of making lunch when the door opened and I heard people talking as they made their way into the house. They are already back.

Logan came into the kitchen with Brittany in his arms, the pack whore. Now that's who they should call a whore not me. I mean even her name sounds it. I bowed my head when he came in but he didn't even acknowledge me. He just grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and left with his girlfriend.

I continued making lunch and when I was done I set the table and went to the kitchen to wait for them. They all came down to eat and while they ate they talked mostly about my mate. They talked about how hot he is and how good he could be in bed.

No one is allowed to think about my mate like that except me. Gracie wanted to kill all of them for talking about her mate like that. If only they knew I was his mate and how he rejected me. Tears were falling down my cheeks as I thought about him. I wish he was hurting as bad as I was right now.

The sound of people standing up from chairs grabbed my attention, they were done eating. I cleared the table and did the dishes before going up to my room and wallowing in self pity.

Alex's POV

It hurt so much. It made me wonder how Mikky was taking it since she was the one rejected.

'None of us would be going through this if you didn't reject her.' Devin yelled in my head. Yeah my wolf Devin was still mad at me for rejecting her.

'You know we need to do it to protect her,' I said to him and he sighed in defeat before leaving me alone to think. He knew what could happen to her if everyone knew who she was. It was the best thing to do.

I need to go for a run. I need to think.

I shifted into my black wolf, Devin. He was very proud of who he was because black and white wolves were extremely rare. My wolf had a white crescent on his stomach and when I shift back to my human form, there's a white crescent tattoo on my upper arm.

I ran for hours and the only thing that kept popping into my mind was Mikky. Let's just say that the run didn't help anything.

I got back home to be greeted by my beta, Hunter and a few pack members. Among them was Tasha, a girl who I had fun with but I don't think so anymore.

Hunter was grinning at me as he threw me a pair of shorts. I went behind a tree shifted back and put them on.

"Well?", he asked expecting me to tell him about my mate. I looked at the rest, seeing hope in their eyes except for Tasha who looked some what murderous waiting for my mate to show up.

"I did not find her," I said with a sad expression and they all nodded in understanding even though they seemed really sad by the news. As for Tasha she seemed really happy.

I excused myself and went up to my room. I mind linked Hunter to come up to my room. What I want right now is to be with my mate, running my hands through her hair kissing her, UGH why do things have to be so complicated.

Hunter came in a few minutes later. "Sorry about not finding your mate man," he said and he did look very sorry. I had to tell someone before I explode. Hunter was the best person to tell. He was my best friend and i knew he would keep my secret.

"About that, I found her" I told him while looking down at my feet dangling off the side of the bed. I looked up to see him smiling again but that turned to worry.

"Then why did you tell the pack you didn't find her?" He asked looking rather confused. Hunter was my best friend I could tell him anything even who my mate was.

"To protect her," I said and he sighed heavily. "Do you want to tell me who she is?" he asked.

"Well her name's Mikky Hale" I started but I couldn't stop after that, so we talked for a few more minutes before he finally left the room.

I remained on my bed thinking about the good side of rejecting her. She was safe and alive and that's all I needed to know.

A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts. "Come in," I said. Tasha came in and walked over to the bed seductively swaying her hips.

"Sorry you didn't find your mate," she said but you could easily tell she was not. I didn't say anything as she sat on my lap grinding against me and began kissing me. Normally, this would turn me on but its not, cause it's not Mikky its not her pink lips that are on mine.

I immediately pulled away from Tasha. "Leave Tasha," I ordered. She looked taken aback ny my words. "What?" she asked, her voice sounding incredulous. "I said leave," I repeated allowing a bit of my alpha voice to slip into the command. She only stood up and began pouting, "but Alllleeee" she whined. Is this bitch deaf or what? "Get out Tasha" I yelled and she immediately ran out of my room leaving me alone.

Once again, i was alone with my thoughts.

My sister came in a few minutes after Tasha left, a look of pity all over her face. Is this what's going to keep happening today? People thinking that I'm sad because I didn't find my mate.

"Hey," Ariana said in a low voice as she sat on the bed beside me. "Hey" I replied, "sorry about not finding your mate," she said with a look of concern.

"It's okay," I said to her hoping to wipe that look off her face. "okay well do you want to run with me?" she asked.

"No thanks, just came back from one" I said and she stood up from my bed and went to the door. "Okay, later" she said and left my room. Ariana's sixteen which means she just shifted into her wolf and she really loves running in wolf form. 

Thoughts of Mikky began to slip into my mind again.

What am I going to do? I can't be away from my mate. This is so frustrating.