"It's Okay" Part Two

Since it was requested, here is part two. 

Adrien's POV: (Present)

I watch the butterfly fly closer to Marinette and instantly, firmly yet gently push her off of me and look her in the eyes. The look of sadness and fear in her eyes in this emotional state she is in itself is enough to surge the emotions I am feeling. I am not letting this girl that I love get akumatized; not here, not now, not ever.

"Marinette, go." I tell her as I turn her around and push her the opposite direction of the akuma.

"What about you?" Marinette asks me as she stumbles towards the door and looks at me with concern prominent in her eyes. I look at her and feel the determination to keep her safe surge in me again.

"I am not letting you get akumatized."

"Adrien... I'm not leaving you here!" She starts as I turn around towards the akuma as it enters the lucky bracelet Marinette had given me at the gaming tournament; I wear it everyday so I won't lose it, and because I love it a lot. I collapse to the ground and feel the akuma moving throughout my mind and body and the slight surges of pain prick at my mind.

"Adrien!" Marinette says as she runs towards me.

"Go!" I say before she can get too close and turn to her, "Please, go and 'get help'." I say doing my best to hint at her transforming without saying it and revealing her identity to Hawkmoth. She takes a step back, looks at me and runs out the door, hearing her sobs as she leaves the doorway.

"Hello there dear--- wait, you are not the one who I sent this akuma to... who are you?" Hawkmoth says, clearly confused by the situation.

"Who am I? I'm the one protecting the girl you were going to akumatize." I say sitting up, clenching my fists with confidence present in my voice.

"You can't protect her... I will get to her."

"Over my dead body."

"That can be arranged." He replies in a dark tone. "Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have a victim to akumatize. You are of no use to me anymore."After a few moments, the pain surges once more and then fades away and I see a black butterfly with a dark purple aura fly away from me towards the doorway.

No, Marinette!

"Hawkmoth, get back here!"

Marinette's POV:

I back out the door, looking at Adrien on the floor, struggling to fight with Hawkmoth controlling him. The sobs escape my lips before I have a chance to get farther away from the room. I wanted to feel and act stronger than I appear in front of him, but I just couldn't keep my emotions in check before I left the room. I run down the hallway with a view through blurry, tear filled eyes. I don't think I can do this. I mean I can't just leave Adrien in there like that. But, he wanted me to transform. I can't do that while I am like this, I'm a mess.

I collapse against a wall and slide down it until I hit the floor and curl over on myself.

"Tikki, what do I do now?" I ask her through sobs.

"Marinette! We can't stay here! Hawkmoth is on the move again!" She yells frantically at me. I look up at her as she floats above me, trying her best to pull me up by a pigtail.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I ask, fear present in my voice, glazed over with a layer of confusion.

"Hawkmoth can't keep Adrien akumatized, his emotions aren't strong enough. He's coming, I can feel it."

"Tikki, where is he? Can you tell how close he i--"

"Marinette!" Tikki yells as I notice a certain someone rounding the corner yelling at me. My hearing begins to fade and my vision turns a purple tone as I hear Adrien distantly yell.

"Marinette, no!"

"Marinette, yes."

Adrien's POV:

I watch as Marinette sits still as the akuma enters her earrings and the bright purple mask appears over her face.

"Marinette, no!" I yell to her, doing my best to keep her attention on me.

"Marinette, yes." She replies in a dark tone, accompanied by a smirk. I then notice her eyes changing colors and the purple tone fading away for a moment, exposing her cerulean blue eyes.

"A-adrien... help me..." She says as her pained facial expression turns blank again the next second. I could tell I had lost her. She stands up and I look at her transform into a villain, right in front of my eyes. How could I let this happen to her?