"This is Me"

One-shot inspired by "This is Me" from Camp Rock.

Credit to Anouk2010 for the video. Credit to Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas for song. 

I only take credit for the plot of the story. :)

Hi lovelies! So, the other day, this idea randomly popped into my head. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it did. So here it is! Enjoy!

(Also, you can interpret Ladybug and Chat singing the lines of the song, or not. Your choice.)

Ladybug POV

The night was cold and almost.......lonely. The cold breeze of the chilled Summer evening blew through the quiet city as the citizens slept. And here I was. Out in the cold, thinking about.......well, everything. My mind was full of thoughts. About the day I had. The difficult day I had. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't get my mind to rest long enough for that. So out into the city I went. Running across the rooftops at about 11 pm, not thinking about the world around me, just about the freedom of my secret life. The life that let me be me.

Hours had passed. It was currently 1 am and I was still alone in the City of Love. But something had changed. I didn't feel free any longer. Now, an immense weight had been dropped onto my shoulders, a chip that now grew into a boulder as my sorrows avalanche down my face. The tears came quick and wouldn't stop. Sitting on top of the Eiffel Tower, my strong and confident superhero alter ego broke down to a pile of rubble. I sat alone, crying to myself at the way things had been for me today, for a while, for my entire life it seemed. The feeling of not belonging. The feeling of not being wanted. They didn't want me. They wanted the hero. They wanted the mask.

"L-ladybug?"

I slowly lifted my head from my knees and wiped a few tears from my eyes as I turned around to the owner of the voice. Standing a few feet away from me was no other than Chat Noir.

"Oh, hey Chaton." I said as I sniffled again.

In seconds, he was at my side. His green eyes meeting my blue ones.

"What's wrong?" He said in a more serious than usual tone. I guess he didn't think I was going to tell him. You know, shrug it off, say 'oh, I'm fine. It's nothing.' But I needed to get this off my chest.

"Chat....." I said as I started to sob again, "I don't know how much more I can take." I said.

"Take? Of what?"

"My normal life. Everything is a mess. This is the only time I can get away from it all."

"Well," Chat started, "that's the same with me. I only feel free when I'm here with you, out in this city."

I sat quiet for a minute.

"My Lady?"

"I'm tired of keeping secrets." I said looking down at my hands.

"What?" Chat asked, becoming concerned.

"It just causes more problems." I said as I stood up and started to walk away a little.

"Where are you going?" Chat asked as he watched me turn around. I stopped and looked back at him.

"I want you to know...........who I am.........." I said.

"My Lady, you don't hav---"

"No Chat, I do." I started my walk over to the railing of the tower and began walking around the platform.

I've always been the kind of girl, that hid my face

Chat started to walk with me.

so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say

He listened to every word I said, searching for a clue, a hint.

but I have this dream, right inside of me

I'm gonna let it show

It's time

To let you know

To let you know

I stopped and turned around just as my transformation wore off, revealing Marinette Dupain- Cheng, the girl that I had wanted to hide for so long. I looked at the floor for a second and finally looked up meeting a wide eyed Chat.

This is real

My eyes began to water again.

This is me

I finally showed him who I really was.

I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be and now

gonna let the light

shine on me

I looked up at the beautiful night sky and let the cool breeze flow through my hair. 

Now I found who I am

There's no way to hold it in

no more hiding who I want to be

I looked back into Chat's eyes.

This is me

And I finally felt a weight lift off my shoulders. He stood there for a minute, which made my anxiety come back. Did he know me? Does he not like me? Am I a disappointment to him?

"Chat are you.......disappointed?" I asked, the tears threatening to overflow again.

You're the voice I hear inside my head

He walked closer

The reason that I'm singing

Suddenly a light engulfed him

I need to find you

I gotta find you

You're the missing piece I need

Suddenly, Adrien was in Chat's place

The song inside of me

My eyes filled with tears as I smiled

I need to find you

"I finally found you." Adrien said with a warm smile.

He went to gently hug me, instead I ran towards him and jumped into his arms.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" 

"That I have always said no to you... It's just, I loved this side of you first."

"Wait, did you just say you love me?" 

"Yes" I said as I hugged him tighter.

"I love you too, mask or not."

"This is Me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hope you enjoyed!! Comment below for other one-shot suggestions or ideas! Bye!