Chapter 2: The Announcement

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

My alarm was going off. I just wanted to sleep. So I pressed the snooze button twice.

"Winter! Get up!" called my mother.

"noooo," I moaned.

"Winter! If you don't get up right now your going to be late!" said my mother. I then checked the time 6:30. She was right.

"Ok fine," I moaned.

I hate mornings. Instead of going to school I wish I could just curl up in bed and sleep. Sleeping is about a thousand times better than doing work. Well at least in my opinion. When I got out of bed I head straight to my closet. I picked out a short sleeve shirt and some black leggings. I was just never really cold and hated when it was too hot. So why bother getting a long sleeve shirt when you can just have a short sleeve shirt with a jacket. I then finished up packing my backpack and ran out towards the bus. The bus stop wasn't far away from where I was. I went on Instagram while waiting because I was early most of the time. I didn't really like social media at some times. Everyone else's lives seem so interesting and mine is just boring. At 7:10 the bus finally came. My friends Gracie and Shane were both on my bus, but at different stops. So I usually just went on my phone.

"Winter?" said Gracie.

I jumped a little bit. I didn't realize that we were even at her stop yet.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I've been thinking about what that guy we saw yesterday," she said.

"Oh? Yeah that was pretty... um... interesting," I said.

"Yup, but I'm more worried about what he'll do to us or going to do," she replied in a worried voice.

"Yeah, I can see why you would be," I replied sincerely.

Just then we'd reached Shane's stop. I kept our conversation going though.

"What do you think he's going to do," asked Gracie.

"I'm not sure he'll even do anything," I replied.

"I don't think I agree with that," said Gracie.

"Agree with what?" Shane asked.

"Oh, hi Shane," said Gracie.

"Gee, I feel so appreciated," said Shane.

"Your welcome!" I replied with a smirk.

He then rolled his eyes.

"But seriously what were you guys talking about?" he asked.

"We were talking about what happened yesterday," I replied.

"Oh yeah, that was weird," he said.

"Do you just say weed," I asked.

"No I said weird," replied Shane.

"I heard weed," said Gracie.

"Now admit that you were wrong and we're right," I said.

"But- fine!" he replied, "I'm very sorry, I meant weird not weed."

"Thank you," I said.

"Or whatever the heck your talking about," mumbled Shane.

"Oh we're at school," said Gracie.

"Really?" I said.

I then looked out the window and we were at a school. We then got off the bus and started making our way to the library. Since it was winter and very cold we hung out there in the library. We normally hung out outside when it wasn't so cold . For me at leadt it was always um... interesting when we went to the library. Always something weird and new happened. When Shane, Gracie, and I all got upstairs nobody was there. I checked the time. 8:03

"Guys," I said as I showed them my phone.

"SHOOT!" said Shane, "We have two freaking minutes to get to class! See ya!"

I started to run to homebase. I rushed from the library my locker. I felt so stressed. I got to homebase with literally 30 seconds seconds before the bell to go to first period.

"Where the heck were you?!" asked Skyler.

"Our. Bus. Was. Late," I said while panting.

"Okay... well I'll see you later," she said while the bell rang.

I ran to English which was my first class. The kids in my homebase were giving me weird looks when I was leaving. I wanted to die from their looks at me. I ran out of homebase all the way to English. I sat down and copied down my homework. My teacher was really nice but could be harsh if your not doing the right thing. After I copied my homework an announcement came on.

"Hello, may Skyler Starr, Winter Emerson, Shane Kase, Gracie Quinton, and Bridgette Murray all come to the main office?" said the announcement.