#6

Janet tossed and turned on her mother's snow white plush couch, it was 3:00 a

Janet tossed and turned on her mother's snow white plush couch, it was 3:00 a.m in the morning and she still haven't gotten any sleep. Her mind was drifting to her ex boyfriend Darrel, he threw her out on her ass and accused her of stealing his money. The sound of the fridge opening startled her, she looked at her daughter small frame, she was was slowly gaining the coke bottle shape that she inherited from her mother, her long soft silky hair reached past her behind, she stood 4'11 feet tall, her chinky Asian eye made deep contact with her mother's and her pink pouty lip was tucked in.

"Hey baby-girl what are doing up."Janet said trying to cover up the awkward stares that had just took place.

"I was thirsty." Cuban said dryly as she sipped her glass of orange juice.

"I never got a chance to tell you why I dropped you off with your grandmother, would you like to know?" Janet asked.

Cuban hesitantly nodded before sitting down on the arm of the couch looking deeply in her mother's eyes.

"Well it all started when I met your father, Cassius Dean Moore he was a notorious pimp  but I was new to town and I was a naive 15 year old who was surprised a 27 year old man took interest in me." Janet explained.

"Did Mama know about him." Cuban asked.

"Nope, I kept it away from her, So anyway he would show up to my school and give me flowers and expensive gifts, he would also give me money, me being the naive girl I was I gave in and we became a couple. Two months later he talked me into making some money for him, and I did, made as much money as he asked by selling my body to anyone with money and the rule was always wear a condom with anyone but him, I made money rain around Cassius for months and I found out i was pregnant, Cassius said that he'd take care of it,when I had the baby I named him Cassius Dean Moore-Junior I tapped into cocaine and heroine and I was never the same me and Cassius stayed together for 10 more years until I got pregnant again with you, when I had you Cassius was there he named you after his mother Sianni Kylana Moore then three police men came in and Cassius handed you back to me and without hesitation they dragged him out of the hospital room, and here I was stuck taking care of two kids alone." Janet said as a small tear fell.

"For five years I was stuck taking care of you and Junior alone, I got sick of it and dropped you off and immediately  checked my self into a rehab center to get clean, and I met my former boyfriend Darrel, we got clean together and here I am, I just don't want you to hate me, I did it for my own good, your own good, and Junior's own good."Janet sniffed.

"You know for these 12 years I blamed myself, thinking I did something wrong, Junior used to tell me I did nothing wrong and you would come back, but after these 12 years I gave up."Cuban said as she took a another sip of her juice.

"You did nothing wrong, I want to have the bond you and your grandmother have, I want you to call me Mamma again."Janet said as she rubbed Cuban's arm.

"Janet, you have to earn that bond, I'm so glad you back and stuff but I don't want you to leave me again, I'm scared to be left alone again

"Janet, you have to earn that bond, I'm so glad you back and stuff but I don't want you to leave me again, I'm scared to be left alone again." Cuban said.

"I understand, I will work hard I swear, you deserve it after all ."Janet said as she hugged her daughter.

Cuban hugged back missing the warm embrace or her  mother, she snuggled up on her mother chest even more, she began to feel sleepy as she drifted off on her mother's chest. Janet smiled while caressing her daughter's cheek while kissing it, Janet prayed to God she would do better than what she used to be, it was going one 4:00 a.m as Terra-Jane walked in from getting off work at the hospital, as she took a double take watching a sleeping Sianni on Janet's chest, jealousy couldn't help but feel Terra-Jane's heart.

"Mm I'm guessing ya'll talked."Terra-Jane grumbled.

"Yep we did, in fact we are going to catch up Saturday." Janet said proudly.

Terra-Jane scrunched up her face as if she smelled something sour, she placed her hands over her hip.

"That's family night sweetie I'm afraid that your gonna have to reschedule."Terra-Jane said smirking.

"I'm afraid not,I haven't seen my daughter in 12 years, and nothing..not even you is gonna make me miss that."Janet said as she stood up in her mother's face while laying Cuban down on the couch gently.

Terra-Jane bursted into a fit of laughter,as if her daughter's courage tickled her, she quickly regained her composure as she stared down her daughter.

"So you finally got the balls to stand up to someone? If anything it should've been that dumb ass pimp, now you want to come here with your crack headed ass and play mommy, Sianni was my daughter when you dropped her on my doorstep and she still will be, even if you and her have a bond it will never be as strong as me her's or me and Junior's, so do it go out and have fun but Sianni will always be my daughter."Terra-Jane said attempting to get under his skin.

"What, your old ass can't produce any more and you're jealous I can pop out any bastard's babies I want, you're mad because Daddy left your ass for a woman who can make his babies and you can't, FACE IT, your old ass is barren and stealing my children away from me is not gonna give the gift of having any child you want." Janet returned her smirk.

Terra-Jane looked at her daughter as hurt filled her eyes only because deep down it is true, her husband Shaun Anderson, she couldn't have anymore children after her 2 children Terry and Janet he divorced her for a younger girl and now she is stuck barren and alone. Terra- Jane picked up the unfinished juice and pouring it on her daughter, she had then crossed the line, if Janet wanted war then let there be war.

______________________________________________________

End Of Chapter 6