The Flash

May The Best Man Win: Part 1
While Batman decodes Dr. Fredrick's research, X teams with The Flash to trace a deadly new steroid to it's source, but not before X has a heroic costume change!

After you returned from Fredrick Manor with Zatanna, you gave the journal to Batman, and went to speak to Dr. Fate about your powers failing.

You found Dr. Fate in the training center.

X: Fate, we need to talk.

Fate: Of course. What troubles you?

X: While I was in Fredrick Manor, my powers stopped working, do you know why?

Fate put a hand on his chin in thought.

Fate: I believe it was caused by Kalanite.

X: Kalanite? What's that?

Fate: Kalanite is a crystal like mineral from Kalan, it weakens your powers on contact.

X: But I didn't touch any crystal.

Fate: You didn't? Curious....

Rox called you on your communicator.

Rox: Batman wants you and Fate on the main deck.

You both immediately left for the main deck.

You came to the main deck and saw Batman closely examining Fredrick's journal.

X: What's up?

Batman: Two things: this book was written in a encrypted text, so I will have to decode with the computer in my base.

X: How long will it take?

Batman: It is heavily encrypted, it may take days.

You let out a disappointed sigh.

Fate: What is the second thing?

Batman: The journal was coated with a mineral substance.

You looked at Fate.

X: Kalanite.

Batman: Yes, Fredrick must have coated his journal in it in case Noximus found it. Is the doctor ok?

X: He died in his sleep.

Batman: I'm sorry to hear that, we will send a team to retrieve his body and give him a honorable burial with his family.

X: Good, so what now?

Batman: I decode Fredrick's journal. And I have a assignment for you.

X: Cool! What is it?

Batman: Flash needs assistance with a lethal steroid that his been circulating in Central City sports.

X: It's lethal?

Batman: It gives the user a temporary boost in all of their abilities, but using too much can send them into a primal rage, and later cause their hearts to give out.

X: Is their a way to counter it's effects?

Batman: I created a chemical compound that cancels out the steroid. Flash will give you a dozen for use in the field.

You felt a sudden gust of wind, and saw a red haze pass you.

The Flash: You rang?

Batman: No, but it's good your here. X will be aiding you in stopping the steroid.

Flash: Nice! I get to hang with the new kid!

X: I love a adventure! So where are we going?

Flash: I traced the steroid to a big football game going down at the Central City Stadium, whoever is making the stuff is supposed to sell a bulk of it to the visiting team.

X: Isn't that illegal?

Flash: Very, The CCPD is waiting for my call to arrest the coach and the rich guy that own the team.

X: Why not arrest them now?

Flash: And scare off the guy making the crazy juice?

X: Good point.

Flash circled around you, inspecting your outfit.

Flash: You're not going to bring down the bad guy dressed like that are you?

X: What's wrong with this outfit? It's comfortable.

Flash: Dude, you're a superhero! A superhero needs a awesome costume.

X: Hate to disappoint you, but I don't have one on me.

Fate: Actually, you do.

X: Huh?

Fate: Among your many abilities, you can also arm yourself with a suit of armor worn by the kings of Kalan, called "The Hercule"

X: Cool! So how do I summon it?

Fate: Focus.

You did as Fate said, and in a explosion of energy, found yourself adorned in a incredible suit of armor.

X: Whoa! This is incredible!

Fate: Indeed.

Flash: Now you're ready for action.

Timeskip, Central City Stadium, loading bay
You and Flash snuck into the stadium through the loading bay.

X: So where do we go?

Flash: Locker room, that is where the guy will give the team the steroid.

X: Alright, let's go.

You and Flash took the back corridors to the locker room.

Upon entering, you and Flash saw the team with two armed thugs.

Flash: Hired help, easy knock outs.

X: But where is the boss?

You heard the main locker room door swing open, and saw two more thugs carry a black case into the locker room.

The thugs opened the case, which held syringes within.

A third man walked in.

Heat Wave: Alright boys! Time for the big game!