Chapter ❶

This chapter is dedicated to olaywahle for the wonderful new cover of this story.              

It’s been about a year now

Ain’t seen or heard from you

I’ve been missing you crazy

How do you , how do you sleep

I found the letter you wrote me

It smells just like you

Damn those sweet memories

How do you how do you sleep?

How do you sleep?

            Tell me, what you’re going to do when one of your favorite songs is playing in the morning to wake you up?

            Get rid of it? Probably…

            Hate the song?Favorite song nga…

            Hate the singer?No, never, Jessie McCartney…dear no.

            Finish it off then. Pinatapos niya nga ang awit, kanina pa siya gising pero mas pinili niyang pakinggan muna ang boses ni JessieMc baka sakaling palarin pa siya sa bagong araw niya sa bagong unibersidad.

            She lived in Paris with her parents for almost nineteen years. Yesterday, she just turned nineteen. Purong Pilipina siya. Mukha lang siyang foreign, ganoon naman siguro parati, maaadapt mo ang pamumuhay ng mga tao kung saan ka nakatira pati na rin ang mukha at pananalita mo.

            Not bragging but she’s proud to say that she speaks French fluently, and she’s prouder to say that she’s also fluent in speaking her native language.

            It was summer here in the Philippines nang umuwi sila, with her Dad, half Filipino and Half French, and her mother who is pure Filipina. Again, Filipina siya. They’re not her real parents, alright. Alam niya na yan nung walong taong gulang pa lang siya. Her real mother gave her up to protect her and she understood it. She had her own reasons, and she also accepted that. She had made a tough decision, and never once in her life that she hated her real mother for giving her up. For her real father, and that’s entirely a different story though….

            She would be continuing her college degree in a new uni. Dapat tinapos niya na lang sana ang pag-aaral sa Paris but she begged her Mom and Dad to give her this, she wanted to live in the Philippines and experience life here before it’s too late, life’s short, she wanted to live life to the fullest. YOLO, right?

            Matapos siyang maligo at magbihis, bumaba agad siya para kumain. She always took her breakfast. Hindi siya pwedeng pumunta ng school na walang laman ang tiyan. Mom would nag at her relentlessly and make her feel guilty. Starting with; maraming batang gutom sa Pilipinas, parang mabubusog talaga sila kung siya ang kakain, hindi naman yata…

            Shaking her head while smiling as she climbed down the stairs catching a glimpse of her Dad reading a newspaper with a mug of coffee in his free hand, he didn’t notice her at first.

            “Good morning Dad,” she kissed the top of his head that it caught him off guard at first before greeting her back. Humila siya ng upuan at si Manang Delia, ang kanilang katiwala naman, ay sumulpot agad nang mapansin niya ang dalaga.

            “What you like Miss Poppy? Drink like coffee, milk, milo, tea, juice?” Alanganin itong ngumiti, and Poppy couldn’t help but smile too.