Chapter ❻

Chapter ❻

            Ugh…so much for staying out of trouble.

Who did they think they wee to order her around? Not Kael, Angus, Carlos, Enrique or the other two. Not even her biological father…

            Lying on her stomach facing her laptop, she studied the photos she uploaded to her site. Nice shots…was all she could say. But not a very nice move Poppy…

            Really, a death wish?

            Inupload niya lang naman sa kanyang website  ang mga photos ni Kael na nakunan niya nang patago at di alam ng lalaki syempre.

            Yes, she just uploaded his photos online!

            Nang biglang tumunog ang kanyang celphone. Great! Ivanna was calling her.

            “Bonsoir, Ivanna!” Bati niya sa kaibigan na may kasamang ubod tamis na ngiti kahit di siya nito nakikita.

            “Pakipaliwanag nga sa akin Poppy,” sagot nito sa kanya sa seryosong tono. Poppy could exactly picture her out, scowling while clutching the phone to her ear.

            “What? They’re all a work of art, despite of the blood, in fact it only…”

            “Anong pinagsasabi mo Poppy?” She was talking about Kael’s photos.

            “Oh, ano pala ang gusto mong malaman?” Pag-iiba niya ng topic.

            “About that incident in school, with Kael and his friends.” Naiiritang sagot nito sa kanya sa kabilang linya.

            “Oh.” She muttered absentmindedly. She should have known. She thought it’s about Kael’s photos on her website. She wondered who’s viewing them right now.

            “Oh,” Ivanna imitated her in a sarcastic tone.

            “Look, it wasn’t my fault why we bumped into each other. For Christ’s sake, I can’t avoid him for the rest of my life. We all attend the same school. We breathe the same air. So, what exactly differentiates him from us that we really have to stay out of his way?”

            “Chillax, I was just trying to let you talk about that incident, not rant about “we trying to save your own fate” Poppy,” kalmado pagpapaliwanag ni Ivanna sa kanya, na napabuntunghininga na lang siya.

            “Let’s talk this over tomorrow Ivan, I’m beat.” Mahina niyang sagot, narinig rin niyang nagpakawala ng hangin ang kaibigan sa kabilang linya. “G’night.”After putting down her phone, she rolled on her stomach and faced the ceiling instead.  

            They must be right. She should focus on herself instead. Kael and his friends must be like her real father, cruel and murderous.

            Matapos ang mahaba-haba niyang pagmuni-muni, nagpasya siyang humarap sa kanyang laptop at gawin ang dapat niyang gawin. Stay out of trouble, stay out his way, if she must. She had to undo the mistakes she’d made, starting off by deleting his photos on her website.

            She took a long look at the photos for the nth time. God, should she always have to live in fear? Without doing anything with the photos she’d uploaded, she shut the lid and rolled on her back.

***

            “What are you trying to insinuate?” Nabigla siya nang may nagsalita sa kanyang giliran. Paakyat na siya sa third floor ng building. She just took her lunch and decided to head early to her class. She glimpsed at the guy beside her whose stare was fixed ahead. Isa ito sa mga cronies ni Kael. That one with shaved hairstyle at the side of his head. She could say that he totally looked like a gangster to her. She’s glad he’s not blowing a cigarette at the moment.