Chapter ❹

Chapter ❹

            “Sorry for ditching you yesterday,” lumapit si Shane sa table nila ni Ivanna sa cafeteria which was currently packed with students who didn’t have classes like her. Nakapout pa ito nang humila ito nang upuan nito. “Si Kit kasi….”nag-aalangan ito, Poppy could sense it. Shane bit on her lower lip, Louise arched her brow.

            “You’re getting back together?!” Napapasigaw na tanong ni Ivanna. Other students turned their heads towards their direction. Si Shane kasi umalis nang walang pormal na paalam sa kanila kahapon, only a text they all got from her.

            “No, of course not. Pahirapan ko muna siya, you know, he cheated on me.” Napabuntunghininga si Louise at inayos ang glasses sa mga mata nito. “Oo, I know exactly what you’re thinking Lou.”

            “Teach him a lesson Shane, marami pa namang ibang lalaki dyan,” Ivanna said. Louise nodded her head. Shane turned to look at her this time.

            Tinaas  niya ang kamay sa ere, “I am not in the position to comment, I don’t know what happened to you guys and I don’t know the story behind it.”

            “Basta linoko siya ni Kit, tapos,” maanghang na sabi ni Ivanna. “Tanga-tanga kasi,” dagdag pa nito.

            “Oo na tanga na kung tanga,” simula ni Shane pero pinutol agad ito ni Ivanna.

            “Please huwag mo dagdagan ng Pero mahal ko talaga siya,” sagot ni Ivanna na nagmamakaawa ang boses. Nang walang ano-ano ay biglang tumahimik ang cafeteria, parang naka freeze ang mga estudyante. Pwede bang huminga?

            “What’s happening?” Poppy asked in a hiss and looked around her. “Don’t tell me God is passing by,” she joked.

            “Not God Poppy, but a group of demigods.” Shane murmured leaning towards her over the table.

“A group of assholes you mean,” to her surprise, Louise voiced out.

            “So the good girl can swear,” mapanukso ang boses ni Ivanna pero hindi ito binigyan ng pansin ni Louise, bagkus, tumingin si Louise sa isang direksyon. Lahat pala nakatunghay sa iisang direksyon. Sa kanila. Sa kanya. Poppy swallowed hard.

            Oh dear.

            No way.

            Wala kang itulak kabigin. Sayang lang at ang aangas nilang tingnan lahat. They gibbered to each other not caring that they were not alone. They were impossibly very tall, shamefully good-looking in their own way, and imposingly shouted authority.

            “Are they like a cult, a gangster or what?” she asked curiously. “Did someone in the group die?” she added when she noticed they all wore black. “Who gave them the authority to terrorize in this campus?” she asked again a little louder.

            “Dear, just shut up okay. I wanted to tour around the world after College but with you around, I think I’m inviting death wish.” Shane pleaded. Takot siya? Kanino? She thought Kael and his cronies were just normal. Though he could make you run and hide with his height alone, let alone when he sent you a dark glare. And she personally experienced that. And that was yesterday in the bookstore. Pero buhay pa naman siya nang lumabas. Ni hindi lang man sinaid nito kahit isang hibla ng buhok niya. At hindi ito alam ng mga girls. Naku, if they only knew, they would definitely freak out! Napapaisip ni Poppy.