Chapter 11 - Spotted

Adam looked at the video and groaned. Following the links, he found out many other videos. Glancing at the count of views, he quickly decided.

Logging into the forum system, he noticed there were several replies. It looks like the choice has been taken from us. See below, the video links. There are enough views that soon this will start being noticed by mainstream media, and we need to come out before it hits that point. I'm proposing that we ourselves contact the media and do a coordinated release globally in a month. He set the highest priority, and since he owned the board, he set management flags to have it post the thread at the top of all the forums.

He then sent a copy to every Alpha, Next Alpha, and Second he had contact information for, with a note to pass it onto their contacts.

Kadrian was logged into the system as well as Adam. He had seen the video already and wasn't happy. That part of Oregon was fairly open and flat. It opened the possibility that more video footage would be shot since they didn't have a great deal of cover to hide in depending on the part they were patrolling. They couldn't very easily give up the packs since if they did come across a rogue it would hamper their ability to deal with him or her.

I agree Adam, I have seen some of the other video's and pictures taken. In some cases, they are obvious hoaxes but others are real. With the quality of video now it isn't going to take very long before someone actually gets some high-quality footage. The worst-case scenario would be someone filming an actual change. Not just from wolf to human but to the mid-form. There are all the lovely movies where the mid-form is some human flesh hungry beast. We don't need that sort of exposure. What sort of media exposure are you thinking?

Seeing the order details pop up, he pulled up the map, and looked over it, and added a couple more to the order. They had hidden video cameras with batteries that were solar charged, but the whole unit was smaller than a AA battery. Adam had just seen the offering about them coming out, and replied back to have Zane order some as well, and have them cover the edges of the territory that humans had trails through, as they would be nearly invisible, and would link in wirelessly the network.

Josh was in the chat room as well, That was one of my patrols. They didn't screw up, do anything wrong, they were simply in the wrong spot when the human started taping. He was outside the territory so the sensors hadn't picked him up. Andrew wasn't happy when he saw the footage but there simply wasn't anything we could have done. I also have looked at some of the other video's and they are from all over the norther hemisphere. England, Germany, Norway, even Russia and China. The world is getting too crowded to keep hiding.

Mark had only recently logged in and had watched the video as well, I agree, and for us it would be even worse considering the fact that my species isn't even native to North America. Though catching a glimpse of us would be very difficult. All the same this will have to be handled with some delicacy before the general public get wind of our true natures. He typed in, before sending to his Guardian to work with his chief of security on updating the border sensor net to ensure all angles were covered.

*****

Zane received the message and considered the additional locations and units Adam had suggested. After enabling the touch screen, he quickly updated the map with the planned upgrades. Once he was done with that he activated the video software and placed a call to their contact at Silver Orca, "I am going to introduce you as my mate and have them add you as an authorized contact. It will enable you to call for support, order sensors, and similar stuff. I will have to submit paperwork to get you access to the Were portion of their site as well."

The call was answered by a young woman, "Silver Orca, Susan speaking, how may I help you, Zane?" She had dealt with him many times over the years.

"Good morning Susan, I need to talk to your boss since we need to order some additional sensors. I also need to let you know that I have a mate now. This is Katya and is a Second for the pack as well. I will submit the paperwork needed to get her registered and an account created for her."