Chapter 1: Breakfast

Marius Streichers amber colored eyes slowly creaked to life, the sound of his digital alarm clock on his nightstand flooding into his left ear.

He sighed, giving his eyes a moment to adjust to the dimly lit room. The only light he could see was a faint one; the lamp he had plugged in, in the living room the night before, and the dark blue of the early morning sky intrusively spreading across his room through the blinds.

Two days ago, he and and his best friend Dominic Brunsmeier, code name Jäger and Bandit, were taken off leave and moved from their favorite vacation spot in Heidelberg, Germany, to the outskirts of Los Angeles, California for a joint operation with Team Rainbow's Spetsnaz branch, the FBI Swat branch, and BOPE's infamous Caveira. Today was the planned day to meet at the temporary HQ set up at a warehouse closer to the city

He slowly sat up in bed and reached for his alarm clock, his pale arm turning a dark shade of blue as the light hit it, he turned the alarm clock off and simply sat there for a moment.

'Wonder if that woke Dominic up, I hope not, I wanted to make him breakfeast in bed, good friends do that after all right
..?'

Marius never really had any friends he was as close with as Dominic, it was new for him, but he liked it. Dominic appreciated his cooking better then any of the other operators and Marius felt like breakfeast in bed was the perfect way to thank the man for appreciating him, through the bad meals and good meals.

Marius chuckled softly at the phrase, through bad meals and good meals, this was nothing compared to how many times the man had his back covered in firefights, not to mention the time he actually took a bullet to the shoulder while covering Marius during a reload. Yes, he couldn't be more happy with the friend fate had paired him with.

He scratched his messy brown hair before getting up, a shot of coldness running up his body as soon as he hit the floor. After doing some stretching he began to make his way through through the hallway connecting his bedroom to the living room space and the kitchen space. he tip toed past the guest bedroom, which, along with the bathroom, was located around the midpoint of the hallway.

Upon entering the kitchen, he opened the fridge and pulled out some eggs, two pieces of bread from the cabinets, and a container of grape jelly. He turned on the stove, stuck the toast into the toaster, and began to make two omeletes.

The door to the guest bedroom slowly slid open, barely making any noise. Dominic quietly walked out in a baggy white t shirt with the words "Shock me" sprawled over the front and a pair of long, gym shorts walked into the hallway, his rough black hair as messy as ever and a pair of eyes with a nasty brown color in them to wrap it up.

Marius was humming along to some song he was making up in his head when Dominic approached him stealthily, only just revealing his location when he was less 2 feet away by jabbing him in the back and saying "Boo" in his dark yet silky german voice.

"Scheisse!!!" Marius screamed in his more lighter, technical tone of voice, nearly jumping out of his skin.

Dominic broke out into laughter. A blush flooded over Marius's face, which took Dominic no time to notice "Awww poor Marius is blushing!"

Marius turned around and somewhat playfully shoved Dominic away "Arschloch, go back to bed, I was....Making you breakfeast in bed" he said with irration, turning around to keep working on the omlets, which were about to be finished.

Dominic's laughter quickly faded "Oh, um...I'm sorry. But in my defense you normally jab back, something wrong this morning?"

Marius shook his head, not turning away from the omelets "I'm fine, I just wanted to do something nice for you.."

Dominic crossed his arms, leaning on the countertop "I'd rather sit by you and eat then just sit in bed and eat, so this is preferable honestly."

"Oh...Well, alright then." Marius's cheeks became slightly flushed again, but it wasn't because of embarassment, rather, he was happy Dominic would rather be next to him eating then eating in the comfort of bed.

Dominic fixed them both a cup of coffee as the toast popped up and the omelets finished, Marius grabbed two paper plates and put one omelet and one piece of toast on each, spreading jelly on both pieces of toast. They both grabbed their plates and coffee and sat together on the couch, Marius grabbing the controller and turning the TV on.

"Breaking news, Police have found discarded and abandoned equipment most notably used for making gases as well as certain types of drugs in the basement of a house that's been empty for years now. Police recieved a call in the early morning hours for reports of a foul smelling odor permeating the neighborhood, Forensics say the makeshift lab was used very recently prior to the phone calls and, chances are, the suspects left in a hurry. Up next Carl Daton w-"

Dominic groaned "They've made the gas, TU-FOR will be unleashing it soon, we better have intel on their wereabouts or I'll go undercover again and find out myself."

Marius scoffed "If they didn't know, why would we be here? Don't worry, no one's getting gassed as long as Team Rainbow is active."

Dominic grunted, his lack of trust apparent, however, he left it at that and changed the subject. "This breakfeast is amazing, thank you for getting up and preparing it before I got up."

Marius smiled "It's no problem."

Dominic's phone rang as he ate the last bite of his toast, he answered "Dominic here."

A sharp, serious american voice stabbed Dominic's ear "Jack here, we're all hanging out at the warehouse, waiting on you guys."

"Right, me and Marius are on our way" Dominic hung up and nodded to Marius, who in turn turned off the TV.

They both got up and went to their rooms to change. Marius changed out of his dark red pajamas and put on his somewhat loose jeans and his GSG9 training tshirt, he then threw on his dark green GSG9 leather hoodie, the official insignia of the CT force sewn into both its shoulders, he put on socks and slid into his old black sneakers. He then waited by the front door for his friend.

Dominic put on a similiar pair of jeans, but with a few cuts and ripped holes, he put on a black and yellow jacket with the german flag on his left shoulder, he put on socks then slipped into his old white sneakers.

The two met at the door and, without another word, went outside, got inside the unmarked BMW they were supplied with, and drove off for the Warehouse.