Chapter 9

I open my eyes and see my lifeless room, nothing moving but my pupils looking for distractions. I put my blanket over my head and I realize that today was the day we were going to the movies. I take my phone and I see a message. It was from Ash.

I'll pick you guys up at 10:00

It was already 9:32 so I needed to hurry so I wont be late on our first date with Kate. I jump out of bed and I take a bath. I get out of the shower, wrap myself in a towel and put clothes on. I wear a crop top, jeans, and sneakers (as always). I put lipstick on and a couple dabs of blush. I go downstairs in a hurry since it was already 9:47. I say goodbye to dad but he interrupts me with a question.

"Is it Kate that you are only hanging out with?"

"No, I am also hanging out with this boy named-"

A ring on the doorbell interrupted me. I open the door and there he was, Ash.

"So this is Ashton, Ash for short" I say

"Nice meeting you Mr. Samuels" Ash says offering a handshake, dad takes it in a pleasant mood.

"It was also nice meeting you Ash, make sure to take care of my little french fry" dad says

"Yes sir" Ash says doing a salute

"I like that" dad says

"Can we leave now dad?" I ask

"Yes honey" he says smiling

Ash and I leave the house. I see his big car that was bigger than ours. We go to his car, he opens the door for me like a complete gentleman. I get in the car, it smells like flowers in there. Like spring came early. I sit in the backseat because Ash and the driver were sitting in the front.

We go pick up Kate. She was waiting for us outside their house. She gets in the spring smelling car.

"Oh my goodness! This car smells like flowers!" Kate shouts out

"Yeah I know right" I say

"Thanks" Ash says

All of a sudden our favorite song comes up. All we know by the Chainsmokers. Kate and I sing along while Ash was making the perfect beat using his feet.

We get to the movies, we were planning on watching a romance movie but we ended up watching moana. Kate and I kept annoying Ash by singing How far I'll go over and over again. After the movie we go to the book store also known as my home. I  buy 4 books, Kate buys 4 aswell, and Ash bought 3.

We went to Starbucks that was 5 minutes away. Kate and I order a frappuccino while Ash ordered a green tea latte. We read the books we bought there, I read Wuthering Heights, a couple tears were shed while reading but the two didnt seem to notice since they were too focused on their books.

I go to the bathroom because my head hurt and I dont want Kate and Ash to see me in pain and rush me to the hospital. I go to the washing area and I see my ex-boyfriend Joe washing his face. He stares at me and as he does all our memories bunch up in my mind, but we're friends anyways, only friends.

"Hey, Len! Is that you?" He says

"Yeah its me!" I say in a playful tone

We hug each other and tell each other about our recent lives. He currently has a girlfriend and I have a sort of boyfriend but its honestly the same thing. Well I treat Ash like my boyfriend but I dont know if he thinks of me as the same way I do to him. Suddenly Ash shows up looking at me and Joe talking to each other.

"Who's that?" Ash asks

"He is my ex boyfriend" I say

"Hey Bro! You must be Ash, her boyfriend" Joe says

"Yeah" Ash says

Joe offers him a handshake, Ash takes it but his face wasnt so pleasant.