Stay Ready

Theo

"Welcome to economics!" Shouted Mr. Grey in a flamboyant feminine voice as he smiled at non-excited class.

    I glanced at Crowdy since he sat next to me and glanced at Keenan who was across the room with some females. Keenan looked and me and shook his head as he mouthed, "I already smashed."

    I shook my head and looked at the teacher who was rambling for the next 20 minutes before getting an assignment to get to know everybody. Once he was finished Keenan come over and sat next to Crowdy.

    "Aye one of y'all got paper?"

    "Yeah bro, here." I said as I passed him a piece of paper.

    "Thanks blood. Wait, one of y'all got a pencil?"

    "Here man." Said Crowdy as he handed him a wooden pencil.

    "Nigga, I should pop you in yo grill for handing me that shit. Mechanicals only." Snapped Keenan.

    "I prefer wooden pencils. Beggars can't be choosers. Take it or leave it hoe." Snapped Crowdy.

    "Man, I know Theo coming clutch with then mechanicals." Said Keenan in an assuring voice.

    "Nigga hell no you not using my pencils. You was just bragging about not giving niggas back they lighters, the fuck I'm gone trust you with my pencil for? Matter fact, nigga where is your backpack? How do you not have a fucking backpack? Where's your supplies?" I said as I stared at him in shock noticing that he hasn't had a backpack all day.

    "I used my money to buy my lil sisters supplies instead of me."

    "Wow that's so sweet. You're such a good thug. Ten out of ten would recommend." Said Crowdy in a sarcastic voice as I laughed and Keenan's jaw tightened.

    "Nigga I suggested you give me something to write with before I write a name on each of these bullets and bust some caps in ya ass with them." He said as he raised his shirt.

    "How that gone work out if you aint got a pencil bruh?" Asked Crowdy.

     Keenan grabbed his gun and gave us both a look.

    "Nah not this time bruh, you can shoot me. My mama bought supplies for me, not you." I said.

    "Man give me that wooden pencil." Said Keenan as he put his shirt down and snatched the pencil to begin writing.

    Suddenly, a tall nigga came in and look the teacher up and down and went to his seat. I looked at Keenan and Crowdy with surprise and they gave me a look that said, "don't say anything," and I shrugged and finished my assignment.

    I stood up to turn it in and on my way I tripped over his shoe and smacked my lips.

    "Damn, my bad bruh, I wasn't paying attention." I said as I shrugged it off.

    "Nigga you just stepped on my Legend Blue 11's. So come over here, and wipe this shit off." He snapped and I put my hand over my chest at his hostility towards me.

    "Aye bruh, I apologized about the shoes already and shit, but, I'm not wiping your shoes off."

    "Well then give me 4 reasons why I shouldn't fight you right now."

    "Because they're just shoes nigga. And I didn't even leave a mark, I just tripped so calm the fuck down."

    "Nigga!" He shouted, causing a scene, as he shot out of his seat as if that was supposed to intimidate me.