Chapter 1: Departure

I couldn't believe it! With my acceptance letter gripped firmly in my hands, I stared out at the luscious, green landscape zooming past the taxi window. I was overjoyed yet scared by the fact that every second that rushed past led me closer to London.

I glanced over to my mom and dad to the left of me fastened in their seats and fighting back a few tears. My mom was patting down her fluffy, brown hair, only a few shades lighter than mine, staring out the window with puffy, red eyes. She had always been the most emotional of our family and was guaranteed to loose it the first in a sad book or movie.

My dad was no exception to the red, puffy eyes either. By looking at his tall, skinny self with a balding head and thick, rimless glasses you would never guessed how confident and funny he was. Consumed in his Surface, even I could tell this was going to be a long, silent ride.

Even though an hour had already passed and we only had a half an hour left to go, I knew the tears would come soon. Frankly, I could already feel that constricting hurt in my throat that I always got before I started to cry. I had always been strong and, personally, found it weak to cry in public, but this time I knew that if one tear dropped from anyone in that cab I would be gone.

Looking back out the window again, the tears began to well up in my eyes and my throat constricted more. I couldn't be the first to cry. I quickly wiped away the wetness surrounding my eyes and tried to breathe deeply to loosen the painful grasp on my throat.

The rest of the ride to the airport, for the most part, repeated my near crying process. Finally, the driver parted from the endless highway and drew closer towards the large, silver building. Rolling to a halt, he jumped out of the taxi and ventured to the trunk, pulling out my luggage. My parents and I followed suit, exiting the car then each one of us rolling a bag over to a bench, waiting for my friends' taxi to arrive.

A couple minutes later, the yellow cab carrying my four closest friends stopped in front of us and they all hopped out. They overall looked pleasant and happy, but I could see a tinge of sorrow hidden behind their expressions. I knew they wanted to make me feel content about leaving and not regret my choice. They were just trying to be good friends. The thought of not being able to see them or my family for months flashed across my mind. The thought left as quickly as it came, leaving a small hole in my heart.

I put a small smile on my face determined to wear my mask of confidence before departing. They all smiled back walking towards me.

"Well here we are!" Bree exclaimed happily. She had always been a little bundle of joy. Yes, little. By her height you would have guessed she was years younger then the age she really was. Her long, brown hair was nicely braided back and she wore the same shirt all my friends there wore: a plain, white t-shirt "We'll miss you Chasteny!" painted on in assorted colors.

"Do you think there's any food here?" asked Inaya innocently. She was also short but maybe an inch or two taller than Bree. In a nutshell, you could probably describe Inaya as the female version of Niall Horan, always craving food but skinny as a stick and having a happy-go-lucky personality. Her nearly black dark brown hair was straightened and her patterned jeans complimented her tan skin perfectly.

"Inaya! We're not here for food!" Kelley commented back giggling. Her beloved shiNEE sweatshirt was tied around her waist and her dirty blonde hair was styled to the side in a fishtail braid. She was always laughing and making jokes, but I suppose you could say she was the most violent out of all of us. When her friends were being hurt she could snap and go off on the person but usually in a sassy way. Thinking about it, she could be a good Louis Tomlinson even though she didn't really like One Direction and was obsessed with Kpop.

Last, but certainly not least, was Kelli (with an i). She was more like Zayn, the "mysterious, quiet type" but once you knew her she was fun and occasionally crazy. We had been friends for almost our whole lives and knew pretty much everything about each other. Her hair was dyed black with pink streaks and her eyes were an awesome amber color.