Chapter 6: The First Day

This time, I was awoken in a way so weird and awesome, you just had to love it. I was first startled awake by a pillow hitting me right in the face. Sleepily, I opened my eyes a crack but saw no one in the room. Rubbing my head, I closed my eyes, ready for more sleep. Only a few moments later did I hear soft voices singing accompanied with a guitar.

"It's time to wake up in the morning..."

"In the morning..."

"Morning!"

What was this?

"Got McDonald's breakfast for you..."

"Just for you-"

"Or any other brand..."

It sounded really familiar, but my freshly awoken brain had no ability to think about that at this time.

"We drove two miles to get it. So you better get up and eat it."

"Don't be a lazy-"

"Crazy"

"Boy-"

"Harry"

What is happening?

"SO WE GOTTA GET UP! TIME TO GET UP! IT'S TIME TO GET UP!"

Ugh! No! Loud voices at early times!

"IT'S TIME TO GET UP! IT'S. TIME. TO. GET UP! IT'S TIME TO GET UP! TIME TO GET UP! IT'S TIME TO GET UP!

Ahh! No! Leave me alone!

"IT'S TIME! It's time to get up! It's time to-"

"Shh!"

"Get up. It's time-"

"Doobie-doo."

"Wake-"

"Get uuuuuuuup!"

"TIME TO GET UP!"

It then proceeded to exclamations of success and someone...wait, Niall, laughing in the background. Oh! Ha! I always wanted to be woken up to that song! Before it cut off to silence, you could hear some random conversation. Oh my, the video for that. Poor Zayn! I wonder if he even heard or remembered the song.

I sat up. Even though I couldn't see Lottie, I knew she was probably hiding somewhere nearby. In a scratchy morning voice I asked, "You do have some McDonald's breakfast for me, right?"

She popped up at the foot of my bed, iPod and speaker in hand. "It's not from McDonald's, but I did make an egg breakfast sandwich. Scrambled eggs, perfectly cooked bacon, and a slice of cheddar cheese melted skillfully between two, toasted English muffins."

"I suppose that will do." I joked.

Pushing my covers back, I climbed out of bed and walked out to the dining table. Two place settings were made with an egg sandwich centered on each plate. A few orange wedges sat around it, and a glass of milk stood beside the plate.

Lottie was already fully dressed in her school uniform and was sitting at the table, blowing on a cup of tea. I sat down and started eating as she was stirring a spoonful of sugar into her tea. Her eyes were glued to the telly even though, in my opinion, what they were discussing on the BBC news was rather dull.

The egg sandwich didn't disappoint. I finished my last gulp of milk, then washed my dishes. I changed into a blue top with a delicate, lace backing and some nice black trousers. After preparing myself for the day, I slipped on my black, ballerina flats and grabbed my backpack loaded with all the necessary school supplies. (I'd recieve my school uniform later.)