Chapter 10: Post-Concert

It was the last song of the concert and the three signature notes that started it all rung throughout the venue. Following the notes came an uproar of screams matching the deafening volume of when the boys first came out.

"You're insecure

Don't know what for

You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or. Sing it!" Liam belted out.

A chorus of thousands of girls sang out the next line in perfect unison, echoing all around. How these five guys could bring so many people together was truly extraordinary. Harry sang the pre-chorus next. His voice gave me chills every time I had heard it. Next, came the all too familiar chorus, their voices balancing with each other in a gorgeous harmony.

The rest of the song to their departure from the stage, an idiotic smile was plastered on my face that just wouldn't leave. It was quite painful keeping it up, but at the same time there was nothing I could do to end it. I looked over at my friends for the first time in a while to see Lottie bawling and Inaya attempting to comfort her. I would have asked Lottie if she was okay, but between the noise from the thousands of fans leaving and the fact that she would probably just cry harder, I decided against it.

Gradually, the arena became emptier and emptier until only a few groups of girls were left. Security was starting to come in to usher them out. We were clueless as of what to do. We didn't know whether Liam was able to ask management if we could visit with them or not. I heard Lottie sniffling in between deep breaths, calming herself. It wasn't too much longer when we saw Paul Higgins walking towards us.

"Are you Inaya, Lottie, and Chasteny?" he asked politely.

"Yes sir, we are." I answered.

"Right this way, please." He led us to an aisle, up some side stairs, on the stage, through the curtains, and through a door leading to the familiar hallway we had spent so long in. I suppose that meant that we were getting our private meet and greet after all! Paul rapped on the door to One Direction's room.

"Who is it?" I recognized Louis call out in a sing song voice.

"Paul and the girls." Paul responded seriously. It was interesting to know that we were now referred to as 'the girls'. But maybe I was just fishing for something that wasn't there.

"What's the magic word?" Louis teased.

Paul let out a big sigh before answering. It seemed out of annoyance, however, there was a distinct smirk on his face. He clearly loved his job. "Bootylicious."

"Sorry? I didn't catch that."

"Bootylicious." Paul reiterated a little louder.

"Sorry?"

"Louis, open the door!"

"Not until I can hear you!"

"Liam, Zayn, open the door!" A few seconds later, the door was opened by Liam, holding back his laughter. "You've got fifteen minutes." Paul said before turning to walk away.

"Paul!" Louis yelled.

"What now?"

"Your bum is looking bootylicious today!"

"Shut up, Louis!" This time, Paul walked away at a brisk pace to avoid being caught again. The boys' laughter continued to sound behind Liam.

"Sorry about that," Liam remarked smiling, "Louis can be a bit of an immature bum at times. Come in!"

As we walked in, I scanned the room. Louis stood in the middle, stooped over and still laughing with Niall who was by the buffet table. Harry was next to Niall, stealing a soft pretzel from the table while Niall wasn't paying attention. Zayn was laid out on the couch on the other side of the room, smiling up from his iPhone at Louis and Niall. Once the boys had calmed down some, Liam began the introductions.