Chapter 3 : A Change Of Perspective

((Author's note:

T: "This one is written from Sophia's perspective and not Bretto's"

Enjoy ;) ))

'Another day with these annoying people'. Sophia let out a sigh and stared out the window.

'Why isn't my life more interesting?'

"Sophia?" Ms.Osta called

Sophia stood up and screamed "Yes?!"

"Ms. Hari-sungay, Please sit down" Ms. Osta requested " I'm only doing attendance and you've made it clear that you are here"

The blonde's face flushed red. Everyone was staring at her. They were laughing.

'No' She thought ' That's my job'

She sat down and covered her ears. This was not supposed to happen.

The school bell rang and then she headed to the gym.

Gym class was her favourite subject since she excelled at it. In fact, She was famous for it. Mostly Soccer.Sophia was scouted for various sports teams outside the country but she disagreed. She already made her own reputation here. Why would she start a new one? Sophia went into the changing rooms and changed into a black shirt and leggings. She tied up her hair into a ponytail,grabbed her jacket and went out.

'Please be soccer. Please be Soccer' Sophia chanted those words over and over in her head.

"Today" The teacher announced

'Soccer Soccer Soccer'

"We'll be playing"

'Please Please Please'

"Soccer!"

Sophia could've screamed. Finally, It was her time to shine. A time to be in the spotlight while her other classmates just stood there. She wasn't throwing away her shot.

"Sophia" Ms. Osta called "Will you please be the captain for the other team?"

Sophia ran to the north side of the gym. She could hear the kids groan because they knew, if they were on the other team, they would lose. Both captains took turns choosing teammates until no one was left out. Sophia was nailing it. Every shot she took went into the net and She avoided any players that would try to block her. After a while, She was eventually cornered and couldn't go on any further. On the corner of her eye, She could see a player with no one blocking him. Sophia had to pass or the other team would get the ball. She had no choice and yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Kadeno!"

With a powerful kick, She passed the ball to him. The ball flew across the room and to the boy's feet.

"Shoot! You idiot!" Sophia commanded

Kadeno nodded and kicked as hard as he could. The ball spinned across the air and landed in the net. Kadeno felt a sense of relief but Sophia sure wasn't.

"WRONG NET,YOU IDIOT!" Sophia facepalmed and knew she couldn't trust anyone anymore.

The teacher then announced it's time to get changed. The blonde went to get a drink then changed into her usual outfit.

'5th period of the day and it's already bad' She thought while walking down the empty hallway 'Only 2 more periods to go until the end anyways'

She let out a sigh and headed straight for English.

English wasn't her strong suit but it wasn't her worst either. She has fairly good grades in it and writing stories wasn't that hard.She would write stories about soccer and how she enjoyed it or on various kinds of sports.

"Sophia! Wait up!"

The girl heard a familiar voice behind her. It was Kadeno.

Now, Most people don't know this but they were together in the same school and classes ever since 2nd grade. Usually, People who were in the same classes would get annoyed with each other and hate each other. But, her situation was different. Sophia's heart would beat fast whenever he's around her and the world would be much brighter. The only exception to this was during sports. No one could distract her from it. When it is during breaks and classes though, She would feel this. 

Sophia placed her hand on her forehead 'Maybe i'm getting a cold'.

"Sophia!" Kadeno called out "I'm sorry that i'm not good at sports but we're still cool right?"

Kadeno reached out his hand to shake hers

"I - uh" Sophia stammered "Sure, yeah"

Sophia shook his hand and her face went red like a tomato.

She quickly took out her hand and ran to the english classroom leaving Kadeno confused.

"So, I'll see you later then?" Kadeno called out

"For once, She's not actually mean"