I'm Pregnant

51. "I'm pregnant."

--------------------------------------------

You knew Bucky was almost sleeping, laying comfortably on the gigantic bed embracing you in his strong arms.

But that was no excuse to pretend paying attention you tell him how you and Wanda had ran into a girl you hated that afternoon.

"And then she said the Avengers are nothing but a package of destruction, causing more damage than good."

"'S bad, doll," Bucky mumbled, his face on the pillow with his eyes closed and your head on his chest, his hands loosely draped around you.

"Bucky, what did I just say?" you smirked, a plan forming in your mischievous mind.

"'S good, doll," his voice came out even more sleepy, lower. It never failed to send chills up your spine.

You had a feeling he was more aware of his dream than of your words.

"Bucky, I gotta tell you something."

He tried to keep his attention on you, but the last mission had been so exhausting and long that it seemed Morpheus himself was singing a lullaby in Bucky's ear.

"I'm pregnant."

His eyes shot open, he was completely awake.

"What did you just say?"

Instead of answering, you were laughing so hard you couldn't breathe. Bucky kept calling you, desperate to be sure if there would be a little Avenger running wild in a few months.

Finally, you managed to keep enough oxygen on your lungs to say, "I was just," breath, laugh again, "trying to," breath, "get your," breath, "your attention."

And laugher broke out of you again.

It took Bucky a couple of seconds before his deep laugh joined in the calm sounds of your bedroom.

"I'm sorry, doll," his lips left a kiss on your temple. "Though I wouldn't really be disappointed if you were."