Day 9: Mistletoe

As you exit the closet, now fully dressed for the night, Bucky comes to you and presses his lips to yours, briefly but caring.

As an explanation – as if he needed one – he points to the ceiling and says, "Mistletoe."

He next morning, as you enter the kitchen to the amazing smell of Bucky's pancakes, your boyfriend swoops you into his arms, twirls you around and dips you in the middle of the kitchen and kisses you. Before you say anything, he points at the lamp hanging above you. "Mistletoe."

You get home later that day and Bucky promptly smacks his lips against yours, pulling away with a wet sound. He points at the top of the entrance door, "Mistletoe."

It happens for two entire days, on the most unexpected moments. On the dinner table, on the stairs – both top and bottom – on the cupboard under the stairs, under the shower spray, on the sink – in the bathroom and the kitchen – on the couch, near windows... Everywhere in your house has a piece of the green thing, wrapped in a beautiful, red ribbon.

It's when it happens on the car, mistletoe visible from the rear glass, that you have to ask.

"Where did all of this mistletoe come from?"

"Can't I kiss you wherever there's a mistletoe?" Bucky grinned back.

"That's the thing, though," you say and delight briefly as Bucky's expression falls for a second before beaming at you, "You don't need excuses to kiss me."