Chapter 2: Jei-dy Meets the Future Ryoma

Previously: Ryoma got a watch that could back him in the past. And he used it trying to avoid the accident happened on his friend.

IN THE PAST…

"I think it's cool but don't you have a Journalism Club?" Jei-dy asked.

"A Journalism Club? Why, do you want to be a writer?" Tomo was puzzled.

"No, I will apply as a photojournalist. I like pictures than stories."

"Oh... I see, by the way do you have a camera?"

"Of course, camera is a part of my life."

"So, what are we waiting for? C'mon, let's go to the Tennis Court and have some shots."

"But I thought you will bring me to the Journalism Club?"

"When you apply as a photojournalist, you need to show them some samples of your shots, and that pictures will begin at Tennis Club. I'll assure you that they will accept you because of those pictures." Tomo stated, the president of Ryoma’s Fans Club.

"Okay," Jei-dy agreed then went to the locker room to get her camera.

But she was surprised when she saw Ryoma.

"Don't go," Ryoma from the future asked Jei-dy.

"Ah?" she was kind'a confused why Ryoma was there. "Why are you here? If I'm not mistaken at this moment, you must be heading your way in the court."

"Do you remember this?" The future Ryoma showed the necklace with the letter R' pendant on it.

"No," she simply replied.

"When you gave Karupin to me, you also gave this. This letter R' corresponds to the word remember because you wanted him to remember you. And I promised that when you came back here in Japan, I'll bring it back to you."

"Came back? How did you know that I already came here in Japan? And who is Karupin? He had the same name as my Grandfather…" she asked curiously.

"Karupin was your cat… but then you used to call him Makisig," Ryoma explained.

"Makisig? It's a Filipino word! Do you know how to speak in our language?" she asked interestedly.

"Are you listening?" he started to lose his temper. "He's your cat, that's why his name was in Filipino word. I came here not to chat with you in that kind of such un… unfamiliar words. I came here to stop you!"

"Stop me? From what?"

"This is the day that… that you will involve in an accident… and because of that you will die tomorrow…" Ryoma warmed her with the glimpse of sadness in his eyes.

"Oh… really? That's scary, isn't?" she commented blankly.

"It's terrible," he seconded.

Ryoma doubted if she listened. Although Jei-dy had commented, he felt that she didn't understand.

"Just wait for me here and I will bring Karupin for you to recognize him."

"But-"she tried to object.

"He waited you for so long," he said then went away.

Jei-dy did nothing but followed him by her eyes.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Tomo asked when she followed Jei-dy in the locker room.

Jei-dy got her bag.

"Sorry…"she apologized.

And then they went to the Tennis Court and have some shots.