Chapter 5: The Messenger

"Am I dead?", Ryoma asked when he opened his eyes.

He rose up and searched the place. He saw the old man who gave him the wrist watch.

"Is this heaven?", Ryoma asked.

"No. this is the boundary between heaven and earth."

"Boundary?"

The old man looked down. Ryoma followed his gaze.

He saw his body that was lying in the ground under the bridge with his Senpai's Momo and Eiji.

"Did I succeed?" he asked and turned to the old man.

The old man pointed in the portal. Ryoma took a look.

Ryoma saw what happened after the accident, and his eyes got bigger…

XXXXX

…They we're all rushing in the hospital and the Past Ryoma kept on running while holding the hands of Jei-dy…

XXXXX

"What the " he reacted after he knew what happened.

"She saved you", the old man said harshly.

"Why? Why I didn't succeed? I know the past, and I know how to avoid it but then…why I didn't make it?"

"Don't you still realize?"

"Realize?" he murmured.

"Whatever you do to change the past or the future, the result will always be the same, because it is destined to happen."

"Destined to happen?" he repeated.

"Instead of regretting on what you've done, why don't you think of something that can fix or make it better", the old man preached.

Ryoma lowered his head.

"You're not God…and don't try to be like Him…"

"And… how about you?" Are you the God, aren’t you?" Ryoma faced him.

"I'm not."

"So, who are you? Why do you have the ability to bring back the past?"

"I'm a messenger. I was commanded to give you the message. I wanted you to realize it by seeing it but then it's useless so I ended up telling it to you directly."

"A messenger? If I am right, all messengers have their own name."

"Karupin…I'm the messenger whose name was Karupin…" the old man said, then he vanished through thin air.

"Karupin?" Ryoma whispered.

He didn't notice that the old man was totally gone.

"Aaaahhh…" he yelled when he was being pushed back to his body.

After a second, his body and soul became one.