Chapter 4: The Payment for Changing the Past

Previously: Ryoma that came from the present time go back to their home to get Karupin to show it to Jeidy…before he leave in his room, he hide his necklace in the cabinet.

XXXXX

The Present Ryoma watched Jei-dy behind her back. He remembered his dream.

"C'mon," he said and went ahead; passing by Jei-dy.

Jei-dy stood up and got her things and followed him. She looked at him from foot to head.

Ryoma bought drinks in a vending machine and then he threw it to her. She smiled a little.

"I like chocolate drinks."

"I know," he said and then he opened the Ponta orange juice and went ahead.

"How?" She asked following him few feet away..

"I just know."

They didn't talk to each other until they reached the place near the river.

"Oh… How beautiful this place is!" Jei-dy said while having some shots.

Ryoma sat down and drunk his Ponta while Jei-dy paused for a while and stared at the river. He noticed it. She turned back to him.

"This place… It looks familiar to me," she said innocently.

"It is always shown in some movies and other TV programs."

Jei-dy sat beside him and got some chocolates on her bag.

"Get some as a sign of my gratitude."

He got some.

"Echizen…"

"Huh?"

"Have we met before?"

"Met?"

"Deja vu? Is this what they called Deja vu?"

Ryoma didn't say a word instead he took a bite from the chocolate.

XXXXX

Meantime, Ryoma from the future arrived at the school. He carried Karupin with his two hands.

He searched the room. He searched the hallway. He searched the canteen and he searched at the Tennis Court. No one was there even his teammates.

"Asarr…" he expressed and then ran outside.

He went to the place near the river as fast as he can. On the other hand, Jei-dy and the Present Ryoma had a serious conversation.

XXXXX

"I don't know why…" Again she broke the silence. "But when I was a child, something was pushing me to go back here in Japan. It's seems that there's something that I left when I had a vacation here. I felt that I have an unfinished mission." Jei-dy told him.

"But then, you're here." He comforted her.

"Yes. And when I saw you, half of my dissatisfaction melts away."

"Do you enjoy my company?"

"What do you think?"

"I guess so…" he answered.

Meanwhile the Future Ryoma was still running as if he was run out of time. He was so nervous. He really wanted to avoid the accident and he also wanted her to remember Karupin.

XXXXX

"I hope to see you again tomorrow", she said as she stood up. She still remembers what he said a couple of hours ago about his premonition… Tomorrow is the day that she will die. She had the feelings that the one who had talked to her in the classroom and the one in front of her right now was the same person but in different time…

"We're seatmates. We will surely see each other", the present Ryoma said as he followed her walked away.

XXXXX

The difference between the present and the future Ryoma was beyond for Karupin to see but he got alarmed when he saw his former Master.

XXXXX

And then Jei-dy and the present Ryoma walked up the road.

"Okay, see you then", she said to the present Ryoma as they separate their way.

XXXXX

Karupin tried to free himself from Ryoma's arm. He ran fast towards Jei-dy.

Since, Ryoma has no idea why Karupin went ahead, he just tried to follow but he lost his sight on him.

XXXXX

Karupin jumped off from the bush to the road and passed the present Ryoma.

Karupin wanted to be with her right now.

XXXXX

"Don't cross the road!", the future Ryoma warned Jei-dy on the other side". After a moment a car accident will occur!"

"Watch out!" Jei-dy shouted when she saw that the car tried to avoid the Himalayan cat and was about to hit Ryoma.

Ryoma's eyes widened when he saw the car was about to hit him.

It was like a slow motion in his sight.

"Is this the payment for trying to change the past?" the thought that ran on his mind as the moment passed by.

He couldn't accept the fact that someone had to sacrifice his or her life for this accident. And the hardest part was he had given a choice: She will die or he has to give his life.

BOOM!

A car accident occurred because of Karupin…