Chapter 5

The school bell rang and I headed to biology class. It was the 3rd hour which means the next thing in the program is lunch. Later two more hours of school and I'm done for the week.

'The blood goes from the heart to your lungs to exchange oxygen with CO2 and returns to the heart. Who can tell me what follows? Ms Smith?' Mr Alonso asked but I was daydreaming. 'Ms Smith can you answer the question?'

But i didn't answer. What I'm thinking about is, Cole and prom. I wonder what he is going to do.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

When the bell rang, I went straight to my locker to leave the books I don't need. Suddenly a note falls from somewhere. I catch it from the floor and read it. It is full of hearts and it's pink.

"Close your eyes. Turn around"
It says.
I do as it says. I heard someone I expected.

'Will you go to the Prom with me?' Cole says as he gets down on one knee, holding a rose.

I'm surprised. I didn't expect that he would ask me. I covered my mouth with my hands.

'I.....' I was shocked. I mean.... I wish it was Louis. I'm with Cole. I accepted the flower and gave him my hand to stand up. 'Yes I'll go to prom with you' I said. 

He stood up gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed. We hugged each other. As he passed his hands around my waist, he lifted me and swirled me around. I'm so excited for this.

He let me down and I saw Louis standing a few feet away...shocked. I can't take my eyes away from him. I don't know what to do nor what to say.  Cole turned around to see where I was staring at. Louis turned around and left. I feel really bad for him. I felt guilty. But it would be insulting to dump Cole for someone else. I chose him. I can't change anything.

'He will be fine. It's not the end of the world. He will find a girl. He may go with someone who he knows. Apart from you. He has met other girls, hasn't he?' Cole said.

'I guess he will. I hope so.' I said

'Okey let's go get something to eat. The rest will find us on our usual seat.'he said. 'Okay?'

'Okay' I said. Cole kissed my forehead. He put his hand on my shoulder and I put mine on his waist.

As we walked through the hall, I smelled the rose over and over again and I was smiling all the way to the cafeteria.

'You like it?' Cole asked.

'Yeah. It smells good. ' I answered.

'I'm glad you like it.' He said. We stopped in front of the dinner ladies. 'What would you like to eat? I'm gonna pay.' As we headed to the cantina. I stared at the meals and my eyes fell on my favorite.

'My favorite.' I answered.

'Two plates with pasta and pesto sauce. And one apple juice in a big cup.' he said.

The dinner lady gave us the plates and and the huge cup filled with apple juice. Cole paid the cashier.

As we turned around, we saw our squad. But Louis wasn't there. We walked across the hallway and sat next to them.

'Ladies and gentlemen of Kennedy high school, I present you the couple of the year.... Cole Fletcher and Lucy Malloy. ' Nick said.