Chapter 9: Sabrina's moving in my house

"I need everyone to do this assignment. It counts for 20% of your final grade. Remember to do: 1. Research, 2. write the essay, 3. make the presentation. Class dismissed" Mr Williams, my English literature teacher, says. Finally, the school bell rings and classes have officially ended for today. Sabrina and I head outside of the classroom. 

"Let's meet the others in the cafeteria and go get your siblings from elementary school. I texted Bruce about it and he says it's okay. We're going to stop at your house before heading to mine to get your things. If anything happens, run! We will be outside. Alright?" I reassure Sabrina.

"Are you sure you can have me and the twins? I mean you are too many people in a house already" Sabrina asks.

"Fortunately, my parents got a big house. They barely have time to come back. They always travel. We have more than enough rooms and spaces for you guys. Let's not forget that I have brothers to help us. Everything is going to be alright. You guys are going to be safe," I tell her again. 

We meet our friends in the cafeteria and move to the elementary school next door. Little Billy and Stuart come out of the school doors. 

"Sabrina!!!" the twins shout at the same time and they hug her tightly. 

"Hello, little monsters! I have something to tell you. We are going to move in with Lucy for the next few weeks. We are going to go home and take our bags and then head to her house." Sabrina tells them. 

"Really? Are mom and dad gonna come? Because I don't want them to. They are really.... loud" Stuart says while looking down.

"Do you have toys? And a big house?" Billy asks.

"Yes. I also have four brothers. So, you will play with them as much as you want. They can be really fun when it comes to little kids like you" I inform them. 

"We are not little! We are big and strong!" Stuart says angrily. 

"Of course you are. Now let's get to the car. My eldest brother, Bruce, can't wait to meet you" Before we get in the car, Cole pulls me aside. 

"What is it, honey?" I ask

"If anything happens, I mean anything, call me. I will be there" Cole says. 

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine. I love you babe", I say as I turn to open the door. 

When my back was turned to him, I realised what I had just said.  

"I love you too, babe" Cole says. He suddenly grabs my hand and I face him. My body is really close to his body and I can feel his heart pounding quickly. 

He looks me in the eyes, grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. The distance between us is non-existent. He kisses me passionately as if it is our last day on earth. 

"I wanted to say and hear those three words for so long now. But, it was never a good time to tell you" Cole says. 

I take a deep breath and open the car door. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 20 minutes, we arrive at Sabrina's house. It is smaller than I would expect for a family of five. Sabrina gets out of the car and goes inside her house to take her bags while we wait. 

More than 10 minutes have passed and I start getting worried. We hear people yelling from inside the house. Then Sabrina comes out running with the bags and puts them in the back of the car. 

"Is everything okay?" I and Bruce ask simultaneously.

"Yes. But we need to get away fast. So, go go go" Sabrina says. 

And that's what we do