Chapter Three

When Stephanie and I stepped in to our new house, there was a lot of space. Like there was barely any furniture.

Right when you walk in, you see a stairway leading up to the second floor and to the right leads you to a huge room that I guess is going to be the living room. In the living room is only a fireplace and a huge window on one wall.

As Stephanie and I walked into the living room area, we looked around. We also saw an open kitchen and the dining room. There's a sliding door in the dining room that leads to the backyard. I also saw a hallway that leads to whatever.

I glanced at Stephanie to see her reaction about this house. But she tugged on a strand of blonde hair and looked back at me. I know my sister. When she tugs on her hair, she's nervous. I'm one-hundred percent sure she's nervous about this whole change.

I gave her a sympathetic look but her brown eyes moved to the ground. She's not the only one who's nervous though. I honestly am about to throw up of thinking about being miles away from Luke and the rest of my friends.

It's rare seeing Steph in a nervous mood. When we lived in Springville, she was my happy, confident big sister. I hope she becomes herself again.

"Well what do you think," mom asked us with a smile.

I think I need to run away all the way back to Springville.

"I know it's not much but once we get our furniture in here, this place will be gorgeous," dad said, his blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

Stephanie and I didn't say anything back. Since our silence was growing akaward, mom and dad both gave us a comforting hug. "Hey, it's going to be okay," mom said to us softly as she squeezes us tightly. "Yeah, we're all going to make some unforgettable memories here. I promise," dad said and gave Stephanie and I a kiss on the head.

Their comfort is not helping me at all.  "You want to know a fun part about today? You two can pick your very own room," dad tried to enlighten me and Steph's mood.

"The bedrooms are upstairs. Just don't pick the master bedroom. That's our room," mom informed us. Even though Steph and I didn't want to live here, we still walked up the stairs and up to the second floor. The upstairs hallway was wide and long. Three doors on each side. Stephanie and I checked all the rooms (which were three bedrooms, including the master bedroom) until Stephanie gasped and smiled wide in one bedroom.

"I call this room," Stephanie hollered and went inside the room. It was the farthest room on the right. I went inside to the bedroom Stephanie picked, and found her sitting on a bay window. She slipped her shoes off and kicked her legs up on the bay window, letting her back rest against the wall while she looked out the window.

"Woah, Conner, check out this view," Stephanie told me in excitement as she leaned up to stare out the window. I joined her by getting on the bay window and looking out her window. Her view was incredible. In the distance, behind rows of houses, was a clear blue lake with a couple of ships sailing in the water. My eyes widened.

"How beautiful," I softly said in awe. "I know. I can't believe this is my view," Stephanie answered in awe as well. "So if you got this room, then that means I get the one across the hall from you," I said while staring out at my new bedroom across from Steph's room. "That's right," Stephanie said to me.

"No fair! I want this room. This room is ten times bigger than that room across the hall," I complained. But Stephanie just shrugged. "Don't be such a baby. It is fair because I called this room to be mine first," Stephanie told me.

Really Stephanie? This day just keeps getting worse.