Just don't look at me...

I pulled my hood down even lower and wiped the rain from my brow. It's rainy and dreary, a tell tale sign today is going to be terrible. I walked through the parking lot of the school avoiding eye contact with all the bodies that busily rushed by me. Like all schools on the first day, the guys were talking about who got laid over the summer and high fiving, though most didn't get any action and are lying. The girls are screaming and hugging like they never thought they were going to see each other again. Oh, and lastly the few kids who look at the normal people like they are on some new form of ecstasy, the bullied kids, the outcasts and the different. These are the kids that are keen to get the day over with. Like me they look at everyday as just another thing to check off the list.

I pushed through the doors, not breaking my gaze from the damp paper in my hands, 1009 it said, my locker. There are three floors to this school and by my locker number, I'm guessing its on the third floor.

I trudged up the stairs clutching the railing so I wouldn't slip down the stairs from wet shoes. The young ninth graders moved out of my way looking lost and they too clutching a piece of paper in their hands.

At last I came across my locker without anyone, student or teacher, speaking to me. I sighed in relief as my locker creaked open. I slid my back pack to the ground and thought to myself that maybe I could get through the day like this.
That was until I closed my locker and slammed into a very solid and very warm wall. My books fell the ground and my hood slipped off the top of my head giving me a full view of said wall.