Make It Work

Lauren found herself still in her car parked in her driveway. Her hands grabbing onto the wheel as her breathing pattern quickened. The reality of what just happened completely hit her. It felt like a ton of bricks and it weighed heavily on the brunette.

HOW did I manage to fuck this up? HOW?

She put her head down in her hands and she couldn’t stop the tears from taking over; she began to sob. She finally lifted her head after crying her eyes out, put the car in reverse and drove off.

***Lasner Residence, Brentwood CA, 1AM***

The brunette made her way into Dylan's house, which she had a key to. They have been best friends since what they say 'the dawn if time' and he had a key to her home as well. Lauren made her way up the stairs and barged into his room.

~SMACK~

“What the fuck! Lauren is that you?” She flicked the light on, “you scared the shit out of me.” He glared at her wide-eyed, “what’s wrong? What are you doing here?” his tone quickly changing at the sight of his best friend.

He quickly sat up, running his hand through his hair as he watched her stand against the wall near the door. He scanned her over noticing her eyes were red, her expression distraught and he could tell she had been crying.

“Lauren,” His voice soft,  “what happened? I figured you’d well, not be HERE,” he tilted his head.

It took awhile for the words to sink in as she finally lifted her head to look at her best friend,  “to tell you the truth, I’m not really sure.” The green-eyed girl was confused herself. “Everything was fine, it was great!” she began pacing around the room, “and then Nat showed up and said ‘hi’ and I don’t really know.”

Dylan’s eyes narrowed, a small smirk making an appearance on his face as her heard the name, “waaaaa-wait a second,” he waved his hand for her to stop talking, “Nat? Natalia Sestito as in the super model?” Lauren nodded her head, “as in the one you, well you KNOW,” he winked at her, “in Paris.”

“Yeah,” she nodded, lips pressed together as she went through his dresser, finding something more comfortable to slip into, “that Nat!” she yelled from his walk-in closet changing.

He began to chuckle, “let me guess, Nat came over, flirted with you in front of Camila?”

“What? Nooo, no, she just came over to say ‘hi’” Lauren trying to replay the whole scene in her head all over again, “Camila DID get upset, so you’re right about that. I just don’t really know why, which really doesn’t MATTER,” she let out a breath,  “I just need to talk to Camz, but she just shut the door in my face.” She slid down, back against the wall sitting on the floor.

“Of course I’m right!” she rolled her eyes at him as the word came out of his mouth, “look Laur, I love you, but sometimes you’re completely oblivious. You do know that Nat WANTS your nuts right?” He stared right at her, “think about it Lauren, REALLY think about it.”